Chapter - 21

And then I saw, Aaeesha, with a glass of milk in her hand, may be for Adil, tears dripping from her eyes which are red, indicating that she was here from a long time.

Beside her was, Reehan with the look of disdain at me. That alarmed me. My sister who was sitting towards me, hadn't seen them and continued swearing about Aaeesha. Upon seeing me looking at her, Aaeesha swiftly moved to kitchen. I climbed down from my bed and started walking to the door, but my sister was calling me.

Reehan, standing at the door, said,

"Isn't it your responsibility to defend your wife, when someone is talking ill about her? "
His mockery had hurt my ego but I was not at the place to protest. He left with the question hanging.

My sister called again and this time I went inside with so much force. But she sushhed me showing Adil sleeping peacefully.

"I am sleeping with mom today since dad was not here. Take care of my son, if you need anything or if he woke up call me. Good night my sweet bro."

I want to go to Aaeesha and explain her that my sister was just annoyed about her room issue and didn't mean anything what she said. But, I can't go with a child sleeping in my room. I felt so much guilty, about my sisters' words, Aaeesha's tears. But, what can I do other than waiting till morning.

I don't know when I slept but I woke up with a strong headache. Then followed by remembering chain of yesterday night 's events. I walked to hall to find my sister feeding Adil and mom was sitting beside them. Immediately I ran to Aaeesha's room only to find it empty with missing some of her books and bags. I felt shiver run through my spine. I checked my room. Reehan was also not there. I went to downstairs and asked mom,

"Ma, Where is Aaeesha?"

"She went to her home." my sister replied as it was not a big deal

"What? " I was bewildered.

"Didn't she told you? Her father came this morning to take her to home, saying that they missed her. She cried on seeing her father just like how your sister reacted when we visited her after her wedding....." my mother replied this time.

"What about Reehan? " I asked bemused.

"He left night itself saying he had some urgent work. We tried to stop but he gave us no chance."

"Oh " That's all what I reacted. I felt little anger that Aaeesha left without any message. But, it was not completely her mistake, I am the one who made her feel worse.

I returned to my room to get fresh up. When I was combing my hair, I found my credit card with a slip. This is the card I gave Aaeesha for her expenses, lest she felt uncomfortable to ask me. Though she never spent much, I asked her to keep it with her always. It gives me reassurance that she is financially secure. When she rejected, I convinced that its a friendship perk and not to deny, unless she want to unfriend me.

I opened the slip to find her illegible hand writing, stating,

Sorry, I misinterpreted your friendship as a real one and felt you are a person I can believe.

That was so cruel. Her words got the power to hurt me. I felt immense grievance. What should I do now..........

Reehan

I missed Aaeesha so much. We were together almost in our every mischiefs, achievements, sorrows. She was there for me like a backbone. She was the motivation for me to keep going in my life no matter whatever we are facing. Because she experienced all those like discrimination for being a girl, for having dreams which are not acceptable, etc. Even then she never last her liveliness. She has that aura which makes everyone around her happy. She knows everything about me and I too thought the same but I failed.

I am fool enough to believe that Aaeesha betrayed me. I should not have left like that on seeing her with Rizwan the other day. I should have stayed there, I should have defended her, I shouldn't have left her to those elders who heartlessly decided her life, by marrying off her to that irresponsible guy, who doesn't offer any explanation for the presence of him in that room. How can she will be happy with him? I should have stayed there, helped her to escape from that monarchial game. When Silly narrated the whole incident after I left, how my mother insulted Aaeesha, and the circumstances leading to her marriage with Rizwan, I felt so much frustrated about it. I felt I am the one responsible for her misery. If I haven't planned to take her outside, haven't gifted her the dress, haven't asked her to change into that dress, it haven't happened like that.

When we visited Rizwan's home, I can see her uncomfortableness. I wanted to talk with her so badly but at the same time, I don't want to linger there for one more minute, seeing her sitting beside Rizwan. I know she was not happy. But still, sitting there, instead of dragging her out of that house, made me restless. Though Rizwan tried to initiate talking out of politeness, I was not in a mood to talk with my lover's husband, literally.

Actually, I'm stupid to not propose her earlier. Why haven't I proposed? Because, I am afraid of rejection. And of course I felt inferior because I was jobless, I'm uncertain about my goals. I wanted to do a job which enhance my skills and abilities. I can't do some routine IT jobs just because I have degree in Computer Engineering. I want to do more, I want to do VFX for movies. I learned all the courses required, though my family protested. I met so many directors and producers to give a chance to prove myself. I showed them some of short films, I made with the help of my friends. But, I was always returned with empty hands. Sometimes, I feel like, I am not that much talented, I am just deceiving myself.

Am I really a loser?

To be continued...............

Want to know what happened next.....

Wait for my next update.

If you like the story, vote for me.

Comment your opinions.