Chapter - 20

"Sudden changes occurs when sudden things happen" he said looking straight into my eyes.

"What does that mean ?" I asked bemused.

He seemed to be not interested to reply. He looked here and there and asked,

"Where is Aaeesha?"

"She went to sleep, she was a bit tired so, I asked her to take rest and I will give you company. " I answered.

"Trying to be good husband ha? " he sneered.

I was displeased with his words.

"I am her husband so it's my responsibility to take care of her. " I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Tell me one thing, why did you that? "

"Did what? "

"What are you doing in her room while she was changing, ha? "

"I haven't seen her. It's an accident. A mistake. "

"Then you should have corrected it, instead you choose to ran away, how can you justify that?"

"OK, I am at wrong end, but what about you? If I remember properly, you too ran away, leaving your friend, when she needed you the most, isn't it? "

Before he opened his mouth to defend, there is a sound of door opening. Aaeesha came outside from her, while having her eyes on us the whole time. She showed empty bottle indicating that she came for water.

"I will bring water, give it. " I offered.

She smiled, "No problem. Anyway, I have something to talk with Aunty. What are you doing here? Go and sleep, it's already late. You both have to wake up early, right? "

Her last words were not for me, I think, because her eyes are on Reehan with some confusion, slight fear and more demanding.

Reehan was also staring at her not answering. I think, I can only break their reverie. So, I interrupted,

"We are just catching up. Now, we are going to sleep, goodnight. "

I moved to my room and then gave a glance to Reehan to follow me.

We both settled on bed and are silent for a while. There is a light movement on bed, Reehan adjusted his position and said,

"Silly said, you asked your parents to let Aaeesha to continue her studies, thank you for that. She was so passionate about her dreams. Please let her persue her job too. "

"Trying to be good friend, ha?! She is my wife, so it's natural for me to take her responsibility. "

He muttered a "hmm" and a "good night "

I don't know why I am being this adamant to taunt him and show off, but it was giving some weird satisfaction. I don't mean to hurt him, but he started it all. I am just playing along.

Next day evening

From morning, I was full busy, because my father was going to Delhi for an industrial visit. So, I have so many works in office being an incharge. Exhaustion is a small word, if it compared with my current state. Aaeesha served all, some juice. I was laying on the sofa, with my head on the armrest, watching TV with remote in one hand and a glass of juice on another hand. A complete relaxing posture. But I'm restless. I'm annoyed because Reehan sat beside Aaeesha, both watching the show on TV. Though they are not talking and there was a considerable space between them, my mind was in displeasure.

We had dinner and I was sitting in my sisters room, playing with Adil while my sister was saying something about her in laws relatives. She is a person who doesn't like if something goes out of her plan or imagination. Then, she will make a fuss about it. We are habituated to it by now and don't bother about her banter. But I love her since she was there for me in all my ups and downs.

She asked me, "Do you know what Zareena aunty said, when I went to marriage of my husband's cousin 's sister's?!"

Now, I have to search my brain for the names of all my relatives because of my sister, who loves to gossip about people. Finally, I gave up.

"Who is Zareena aunty?"

"Don't you know!? Oh how can you know, when you have never met her. She asked mom, to think about her daughter to marry you. But, our mom, immediately, rejected her."

"Ohh" I laughed a little.

"You will stop laughing after hearing what I want to say. She mocked me, by comparing her daughter with Aaeesha "

That captured my full attention.

She continued, "She said that, Aaeesha was no match to her daughter in any aspect. We are stupid to bring Aaeesha, a gold digger, to our family. I felt embarrassed to hear all that. I have no point to defend her. Anyway I too feel like she doesn't deserve the status of being your wife. I have so many plans about your marriage. But all ruined because of her. She and her mom created such a ruckus that we have to rush you to marry her. I know you are not happy with her. You both are sleeping in different rooms right? Whose decision is that? "

"Her's"

"Hmm. She occupied my room and made it into some crazy witches den. Through the conversations with mom, I learned that she was creating disturbances in our family too, violating our family's rules ha!? What she thinks of herself, such a cunning mind! I can't accept her.. "

My sister is speaking with so much venomosity that I was not able to digest. I shook my head to relieve the frustration building in my mind. And then I saw, Aaeesha, with a glass of milk in her hand, may be for Adil, tears dripping from her eyes which are red, indicating that she was here from a long time.

To be continued...............

Want to know what happened next.....

Wait for my next update.

If you like the story, vote for me.

Comment your opinions.