20 • Cupid Ball

Guys Jaeseok just left Golden Child 😭

And because of that, I made a chapter dedicated to him. I hope he gets well and be happy :) and I also wish he comes back to Golden Child

And also guys thank for 1k reads you make me so happy and I feel apppreciated :D lately I've been sad and for the past few days my crying gets more frequent and I'm scared... Idk I hope I don't get depressed or some shit like that

Also special mention to my lovely sister who helped me in writing this!

●•●•●•●•●•●•●

Going to your locker had always been so sickening. In every corner you could see the poster reminding you of why you hated everytime February comes and slaps you hard in the face and says 'hey, you're single again this year! What a record!' and laughs at your lonely and unromantic ass.

Frankly, you did enjoy these type of things, but not exactly this ball. The Cupid Ball. One of the events that happens annually in your school that all the couples look forward to. Even your best friend, Mirae likes to come there too. Because she's currently in a relationship.

"Y/N..." Someone calls you as you are getting your books from your locker. You didn't bother looking at whoever the person is but you know the voice came from a guy.

"Hmm?" You raise an eyebrow, still focused on getting your things.

"As you know, the ball is coming up and we need partners," He starts, and you could feel the awkwardness seeping from him.

"Yeah, so?"

"D-Do you---" He stops as you close your locker.

Your eyes widen in shock. You blink a couple of times to see if he really is the person in front of you.

"Y/n! The ball is coming and you haven't found a date yet!" Mirae, your bestfriend, exclaimed.

You sighed, "I don't need a partner. Ever. I mean I've survived through all those without one. Why start now?"

She scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Oh please, stop saying that. I know you're just waiting for him to ask you."

You glared at her while you both headed to the cafeteria.

"You know you have no chance with him, Y/N. Why not take Jihyeon? He likes you, right? Or Daeyeol? You've know each other for years!"

You rolled your eyes at her. "I'm not taking anyone."

As you two still argued whether or not you should ask Jaeseok or not, you heard murmurs from a group of girls nearby.

"Have you heard? Jaeseok already likes somebody!" A girl half whispered half shouted.

"What?! Really?!" Another girl exclaimed.

"When I find out who that girl is, I swear I'm going to tear her limbs off of her!" The first girl made a fist and tried to punch the air.

He already likes someone? You felt disappointed and regretful. Why haven't you confessed yet?

Mirae seemed to notice that you were uneasy. "Y/N, are you alright?"

You nodded and sighed.

"Don't worry. Those are just rumors," She added.

"Well I'm so happy for the girl," you sarcastically said.