55 & 98 • First & Second

•| requested |•

●•●•●•●•●•●•●

"Seungmin, did you see what Joochan said to me last period?" I babble to Seungmin sitting beside me, trying his best to be interested to what I was going to say, until I said a certain someone that striked a nerve in Seungmin.

"Huh? What was it?"

"He just told me to be careful when I almost fell down on the floor," I giggle as I reminisced.

Seungmin rolls his eyes. "He didn't even help you? That bastard." He says a bit angrily, but with a small grin on his lips.

"Hey, at least that's progress!" I hit his shoulder and I get a chuckle in return.

"But his 'concern' might be due to you two being friends? You know, not in the romantic way you like it to be," Seungmin points out and I cover my ears playfully to not hear what he has to say.

I look in front, and I see Joochan coming, nearing towards Seungmin and I's direction and instinctively I try to fix myself.

"Seungmin, here's you test paper," Joochan gives the paper to him and Seungmin proudly smiles. "You improved quite a lot. Second highest score."

Seungmin kisses the paper he's holding. "Wow, that all nighter was worth it."

Joochan sits down in front of me. "And you..." Joochan hands out my test paper hesitantly.

"What? Is it bad?" I say cautiously as I receive it, closing my eyes. I open my right eye to take a peek.

Joochan rubs his neck. "You're...the second lowest in our class..."

"Well that doesn't seem bad, doesn't it? I mean there's still someone lower right?" Seungmin tries to comfort.

"Y/N's score and that student's score only has a half point difference."

"Oh."

"I guess I'm going to drop out of this school sooner or later," I laugh emptily. "And to think that exams are near..."

"You won't drop out if I teach you and help you for the exams..." Joochan suggests and Seungmin and I share a look.

"Of cour---"

"It would be better if I teach, since I'm the second highest," Seungmin intervenes, cutting me off midsentence.

Joochan glares at him for a millisecond, but it quickly goes away as soon as he does, an arrogant smirk replacing it.

He holds his paper for the both of us to see, his eyes boring at me. "Second to mine."

"Are you serious? But you're score's just a few points above mine," my seatmate argues.

"Still, it's the highest," I say finally and look at the both of them. "Seungmin, I appreciate you wanting to help me, but nothing can ever beat being first." I look at Joochan with a big grin.

"That means you're coming with me then?" Joochan questions, a small smile dancing on his lips and I nod eagerly, taking a bite of my lunch. "Great. Every Tuesdays and Fridays, at the school library, after every dismissal."

"Yay! I'm going to be tutored by Joochan!" I squeal and Joochan just laughs.

"You've got to treat me though. Teaching is hard work."

"I don't have money. You treat me, since you're rich," I wag my eyebrows at him.

Seungmin, however, looked at the two, seeing how cute they act together. A sad smile is on his face as he continued to eat. Nothing can ever beat being first. Y/N's words repeat inside his mind. Oh right, it's because I'm always second.