19 • Promise

•| requested |•

Just as promised, an update on my bday HURRAY (thank you for everyone who greeted me, yall are the best)

This is for you, MaxineLee4 ♥ hope you like it and im sorry if it wasnt what you want ●︿●

●•●•●•●•●•●•●

"Check the school forum, quick!" Ara flails her hands as she announces inside the dorm room, and we all open our phones to check the school forum.

We gather in the small table positioned in the very center of the room, looking at what Ara was enthusiastic about.

"2 students of rival schools considered to be dating: an act of betrayal or a way for peace?" The article read.

The pictures posted after the article made my face pale.

Who took these pictures?

"Oh my god, who are these two?" Hyejin crinkles her nose in disgust, trying to figure out the faces of the two. "This is so not good."

"Why do I get this gut feeling that I know this person?" Ara points to the girl in the photo. The image wasn't that clear: the couple was very far from the person who took the picture, but it was clearly seen thay they were walking side by side intimately, holding hands, the girl leaning on the guy's arm.

I pretend to look at the picture to figure who the couple was, but I knew very well who that girl is.

It was me.

The boy?

It was Jaehyun.

Inside I was panicking, thinking how I can get out of this mess.

I excuse myself (trying not to be that obvious so they wouldn't suspect it was me) and call my boyfriend.

"Ugh, pick up, Jaehyun," I mutter as I impatiently tap my foot.

The ringing ends and I hear his deep and calm voice. "Maxine? Why did you call?"

I whisper shout, "You don't know yet? There is a picture of us in our school forum!"

I can practically see his eyes bulging out of his sockets as he rushes to search for a picture of us. I send him the link and he goes quiet for a moment. After quite a while, he comes back to the call. "Let's not worry about it, it's not even clear that it is us."

"You should have been careful of picking a cafe for us to hang out."

"That place was pretty deserted, I didn't know someone would recognize our uniforms and apparently take a picture." He counters. "This is why I told you we should change clothes everytime we date."

I tsk at him, knowing he has a point. I didn't want to simply because it's a hassle and would take too much time. I'd rather spend that time with him than change into some casual clothes which will actually benefit the two of us.

Why was this such a big deal? Jaehyun and I belong to rival schools. They always want to compete. Everytime there is an interschool competition, my and his school are always neck and neck with each other. It's only normal for the students of one school to hate on the other as they are their 'enemies' when it comes to competing. No one wanted to lose and to fall on second place, of course, and that's why this rivalry is still ongoing, having no plans of stopping.

Jaehyun and I are a different story. We belonged to the same middle school, but when high school came, our parents just had to separate us, putting us in different schools, and coincidentally they were rival schools. At that time, Jaehyun and I were conflicted. We've already established back then that we both have feelings for each other, but the history of our soon-to-be schools is hindering us from becoming together.