Three:

I check my watch. Dylan and I had a really nice lunch. I would now call us friends. I learnt a lot more about him that I didn't know before, and he learnt a lot about me, and the life of a medical student. Dylan dropped himself off at the office again and then gave me my keys back to my car.

I have to get ready for tonight, as I am going on a date with my boyfriend, Devin. We met in Varisty, when he was studying an engineering degree, and I was studying medicine. I smile as I walk into my bedroom, and look at the framed pictures of him and I. There is a picture of us sharing ice cream, where our noses are both dotted with chocolate ice cream. Another captures the moment of us kissing on New Year's Eve in Times Square, in amongst the snow falling. However, my all time favourite, is one with me and him when we were playing in the snow. I am on his back and he is looking up and me, laughing, while I am looking at the camera with a wide smile. It captures one my most precious memories of him. That was the first time we kissed, and the start of our magic. My ringtone ceases my thoughts.

"Hey babe." Devin answers the phone, "Where are you?" He asks.

"Hey, you said we are only meeting at 6:30. It's only 5 now. I have to get changed you silly." I scold. He laughs.

"I'm only joking. I'm coming to pick you up at your place. See you then babe." He teases. I smile and put down the phone.

As I get home, I rush upstairs and take a quick shower. When I'm done, I thrown on black jeans, a beige top, as well as black sandals. I put my hair into a ponytail. There.

The doorbell rang. He is early as usual. I open the door, except it's not who I thought it would be. Dylan stands in the doorway, dressed in a leather jacket.

"All dressed up? Where are you off to?" Dylan asks me.

"Er... a date." I state.

"Ah." He states. "A date."

"Yeah, and that's my ride." I point towards Devin's mustang. I wave eagerly. He smiles and waves back.

"I'm sorry to leave you like this, but I really do have to go." I pat his arm. "I will see you tomorrow study buddy." I salute him and walk over to Devin's car. Before I climb in, I smile backwards at Dylan. I wave, then I open the door and hop into Devin's car.

"Hey beautiful. Who's that guy?" Devin asks, sounding a bit jealous.

"My boss. I'm not quite sure why he came to my house, but I have date night tonight with a certain someone, so it doesn't really matter." I nudge his arm and buckle in. Devin nods.

"I wanted to say that you look beautiful tonight." He's so cute. He holds my hand as he drives.

"Alrighty. Here we are." He parks the car. He opens the door for me and I smile. We are at my favourite Italian restaurant. Their pasta is amazing. Devin leads me inside, linking my arm in his. A lady shows us to a table. Devin pulls out the seat for me.

"Thanks." I grin at him.

"Hey. Anything for my girl." He giving me a quick kiss as I sit down. He walks over to his chair and takes his seat.

"So, how are the studies going?" Devin asks.

"I'm getting there. It feels like I've just started, even though I have been studying for months on end." I admit. I leave out the part about Dylan helping me study. I don't think that Devin would appreciate it much. We talk about his work, my job, and a bunch of other things. We never run out of conversation. Being with him is just... Easy. Finally, the bill comes, and we walk out the restaurant. He drops me off at home. I kiss him goodbye and walk inside.

I smile and walk into my bedroom. My phone, which is sitting in my dressing table, lights up, and I walk over to it. I left it behind. I didn't need it on the date. Dev and I aren't that couple who sits on their phones the entire time and not even look at each other. We have heart to heart conversations which leave us knowing more about each other.

"Hey Alex. Sorry about coming uninvited to your house. I just wanted to see if you need help studying." It was a message from Dylan. He is actually so cute. He's actually nothing like I expected him to be. I thought that he would be arrogant and cold hearted. There is no doubt that he is a player, but now that I think that I know him a little bit better, he's not really any of those things at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, I stop by Starbucks to buy Dylan and myself a coffee. I don't know what his favourite order is, but I order my favourite. I'm sure he will like it, and if he doesn't, well, more for me. I quickly make out the Starbucks and to the office. I smile, and I knock on Dylan's office door.

"Hey Alex. Come in." He already knows it's me. I knock the same knock every morning. It's like a secret code. His idea. I open the door carefully and walk inside, closing the door behind me. Dylan is dressed in a beautiful navy blue suit again, with his hair neatly done and finally, his favourite accessory: his signature smirk which could melt a girl's heart into a thousand pieces. Not this girl though. I smile and place his coffee in the desk.

"Thanks." He says and sips it, "How did you know that I like this exact one?"

"Good guess." He raises an eyebrow, "I'm joking. I just ordered you my favorite. So if you don't like it, you can give it to me. I will gladly take it off your hands, but it seems that you do like it. However," I wiggle my eyebrows, "I know now."

He laughs, shaking his head. "Anyway, today, I need you to reschedule my meetings. I'm meeting someone at an important company this afternoon at 3, which chases a clash with my other meetings." I nod.

He shows me to my desk just next to his office. It's white, with only a telephone on it. I take out my MacBook from my backpack, and my pencil case. A diary is also on the table. I open the diary to today. It's Dylan's schedule.

I phone the numbers and easily reschedule the meetings for a time that suits both Dylan and the other person. Dylan has me do other personal assistant stuff, it mainly consists of taking notes, phoning up and arranging meetings, and phoning Dylan's parents to say that he will be late for dinner, which happens more often than not.

I check my watch. It's 3 o'clock. End of my shift. I sigh, pack up my two textbooks and my MacBook. I fling my backpack on my shoulder. I open the door to Dylan's office and instantly regret it. Dylan is French kissing a woman who is wearing a mini skirt. I close my eyes and close the door again. You have no idea how many times this happens.

"Alex?" Comes from inside the office.

"I- I'm leaving!" I say between gags, "Enjoy, Er... the rest of your evening Dylan." The door is still closed.

"Bye!" He says, and I think that they go back to whatever they are doing. That's disgusting.

I put on my helmet, and drive to the university. I have a lecture tonight, in preparation of the exam on Tuesday. I quickly walk to the hall, and make sure to push the disguising image of my boss kissing another girl, out of my head. I shake my head in disgust.

He can do whatever he wants to. He's Dylan Blake right? He can get any girl he wants! Any girl except this one! Why am I even thinking this? I have Devin. A gorgeous, smart funny guy, whom I like very much. Yes Alex. I have Devin.

I walk into the lecture hall and sit down. Let's get this thing over with.