Chapter 32:

We climb into the car after the dinner. It was delicious, but I could see, and hear, Delilah's flirting with my boyfriend. It annoyed me to no end, and I glared at her, at which she glared back. Dylan didn't do anything about it, except he smirked every now and then, when she complimented him not so subtly.

Silence follows as he climbs in. I think he knows something is wrong because he doesn't start the engine.

"Are you mad at me?" He asks. I look into his eyes, with the 'really' look. "Okay. So you are mad at me. What did I do?" I'm silent, but I sigh.

"It's not what you did, but what you didn't do." I whisper softly. "As a couple, I think we need to communicate, which is what we are doing, so I'm going to tell you what's bothering me, and then you are going to respond. Don't get mad okay?"

I look at him, and he nods but raises an eyebrow. "Delilah was flirting with you the whole evening. You didn't flirt back, but you didn't stop it either. She tried to make me look like a fool in front of your family, and that made me really uncomfortable. Just as much as I am your's Dylan, you are mine too." I explain, and he studies me and bursts out laughing.

"You think she was flirting with me?" He laughs, and I look at him, perfectly serious. He's starting to make me angry now.

"I don't think. I saw." I continue and cross my arms, "She was clearly flirting with you Dylan. Don't try to deny it." I look at him, but he is emotionless, "I don't want to fight. Please, Dyl."

His cold eyes study me. "If you didn't want to fight, then why did you bring it up?" He growls.

"Come on, Dylan. It's not a big deal. We both know she was flirting, and it's not a big deal for you either. All you have to do is stop it. Tell her off." I argue. He grunts.

"Leave it alone Alex." He shakes his head and grips the steering wheel. He starts the engine.

"How is this a big issue?" I ask him honestly, but then my hits me square in the eyes. "You like it! You like the fact that she is flirting with you!" I accuse and his eyes meet mine. Silence follows. "You aren't denying it."

He doesn't look at me, but rather looks at the road. Still silent to my accusations. "Say something." I whisper, but he still doesn't say a thing. "SAY SOMETHING!" I scream this time, and he stops the car, parking it.

"I think you are making a big deal about nothing. It's harmless flirting!" He retorts, shaking his head.

"Harmless flirting?" I shake my head, "It wasn't harmless Dylan! She was trying to get you to sleep with her!" I shout and he flinches.

"You heard that?" He whispers not too softly. A lump forms in my throat.

"Did you think I wouldn't?" My eyebrows crease. It hurts.

"No-" he pauses, realising his mistake, "I-"

I shake my head. "I saw your response too."

"How are you so calm?" He asks.

"HOW AM I SO CALM?!" I scoff, and he flinches again. "Calm is most definitely not the word I would use!" I shake my head back and forth.

"It was not harmless flirting." He admits. "It wasn't harmless." He repeats. 

I nod and the lump in my throat forms becomes bigger. I can't help it, but a tear trickles down my cheek.

"I was playing Alex." He says, his eyes holding sadness.

"You were playing." I nod. "So if you were playing, is this all a game to you? Am I a GAME?" I scream, with my throat burning, and tears streaming down my face. He looks at me shocked and his hand reaches out to touch my cheek. I flinch away, and he looks at me, with despair.

"I'm so sorry Alex." He whispers. I shake my head. "I'm sorry."

I can only nod, as tears stream down my face. "I'll drop you off." He says, and we drive in silence to my hotel. "I'll walk you in." He offers and I shake my head. "Please Alex." He begs, but I shake my head again and open the door. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He whispers and I run into the hotel, tears still streaming down my cheeks. I can't tell if he's really sorry or not.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Annabelle's pov (Y'all gonna hate on me now. It's okay. You'll see!!)

My phone rings as Jason and I reach the hotel. I nod for him to go in, but I remain behind. The caller ID says it's Dylan, so I answer it.

"Hey Dyl!" I smile.

"Annie-" Dylan's voice sounds heartbroken.

"What's wrong, Dyl?" I ask. Silence follows, "Where are you?"

"I'm at the hotel. I'm walking to my room now." He still sounds heartbroken.

"Okay. I'm coming to your room now. Don't do anything drastic." I put down the phone, bundle up my formal dress and walk quickly to Dylan's rooms, which are just down the hall. I find the door open, and I walk inside, finding my brother sitting mindlessly on the bed. He looks like a robot, who has no brain. He is expressionless, which scares me to no end. He has lost his suit jacket, his tie which are chucked on the sofa, and his shoes, and is sitting with his head in his hands.

I walk up to the bed and sit beside him. Silent. I take my older brother and I wrap my arms around him. 

"I-I..." He starts and he starts sobbing. "I hurt her."

"You hurt her? Alex?" I ask, and he nods. I've never seen him so broken.

"I hurt her, and I think it's over. For real this time." He runs his hands through his already messy hair.

"What did you do?" I ask, with worry for my older brother, whose heart has clearly been stolen.

"It was Delilah." He admits and my eyebrows shoot up.

"What that bit-" I start angrily, but Dylan cuts me off.

"It wasn't only her. I encouraged her and I didn't tell her off when she invited me over to her hotel, and now-" he states angrily, but before he can finish, he lets a loud sob escape his lips.

"Give her a little space. A little time, but when you do, make sure she knows that you still love her." I offer, "and make sure Dylan, make sure that she isn't the one you let get away."

I decide it's the time to leave now, so I rub his back affectionately. "People make mistakes, and she knows that. Be patient, but don't wait too long." I state and leave him in silence. I shake my head. My poor brother.