Chapter 39:

He doesn't notice me as I walk into his office. Dylan is too engrossed in his work to notice my presence and I find it adorable as his brow is scrunched up in concentration, and he bites the top of his fancy metal pen. So I just stand there, in the doorway for a few seconds watching my boyfriend work.

The scars on his face have disappeared almost entirely, save for the faint outline of where they used to be. The scar running down from his eyebrow to his cheek is the most noticeable out of the lot. The eyebrow is almost sliced a little it seems, but it makes him look badass. I smile, and it's as if he feels his eyes on me, so he looks up to meet mine.

The look of concentration that was on his face while he was working is gone, and replaced with a smile. A true genuine smile, which used to be so rare on him. I know that now, as most of the smiles he used to give me, or the smiles with the others were all fake. Most were smirks, to be technical. Now, the smile that lines my boyfriend's features reaches his eyes, and dimples line his two cheeks. Why didn't I notice that before? Maybe it was because I was too selfish to realize the man who I have come to love has so much depth and substance to him, that he hides behind his attractive features. Or maybe it was because I didn't take the time to actually decipher whether his smiles were genuine or not, and I was too caught up in my stupid problems and my selfish attitude to take the time to do so. Whatever it may be, he is so wonderful and I'm learning new things about him all the time.

"Ready, my Princess?" He asks, a genuine smile with his two dimples on display.

"Ready." I respond and he offers me his arm.

"Alright. Turn around." He says, so I do, so my back is towards him.

"What are you doing?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Shh." He responds and I feel him tie, what feels like a tie, around my eyes so I cannot see.

"You are blindfolding me?" I ask. He laughs and I roll my eyes.

"Yes. Now shush and I will lead you." He orders and put his hand on my shoulders leading me blindly.

I hear a car door open. "Alright. Bend down." He says and guides me into the car. I do as he says and sit down. It's a very low car, so I have to try and crane myself into the seat. I hear the door close once I'm in the car, and then the other door open.

The signature smell of Dylan's cologne drifts pleasantly into my nostrils, and I feel the warmth of his body close to mine. I smile contentedly. His hand brushes against my neck, and I get goosebumps from the unexpected touch. He laughs, with a deep, hearty laugh, and he whispers in my ear, "Princess, I'm only putting on your seatbelt."

I pout as he clicks the seatbelt in and his warmth is gone. He laughs again.

"I have to keep my sweetheart safe." His breath tickles my earlobe, leaving goosebumps as he leaves.

I feel the car jerk slightly into motion. We twist and turn in many directions, so I feel extremely disorientated. We finally stop, and I hear the car door open and close, and then my seatbelt is unbuckled, and I'm helped out by Dylan's hand once again.

He leads me through twists and turns, into an elevator, I assume, because of the fact that my stomach feels like it dropped three stories and returned back into my body in a matter of seconds. He leads me further, and I am so disorientated, I hardly know my right from my left.

"Alright, my princess." Dylan's voice says next to me, "Keep your eyes closed, and I will take off you blindfold."

He does so, and as his takes off the tie around my eyes, I feel his fingertips softly brush against my skin. His fingers linger on my face, and I feel his lips crash onto mine. At first, I'm a bit surprised, but I give into the kiss and my mouth explodes with pleasure. I smile against his lips, and he takes that as permission and forces his tongue into my mouth. I smile wildly, my fingers finding his hair, and I pull slightly at the ends. His own fingers find my hair, and he pulls it out of its ponytail, letting my curls loose. They bounce about behind me, and Dylan runs his fingers through my hair. I still haven't opened my eyes, and I finally realize this, so I pull away and let myself see the room.

The sun is setting behind the New York cityscape I can see from the room we are in. We are on one of the highest floors in the building because I can see over many tall skyscrapers. The view is breathtaking. I turn to look around the room. Glow in the dark stars are scattered all over the floor and the brick walls where there aren't window to see the view. In the middle of the room, which is empty, lies a picnic blanket and a picnic basket. Candles are scattered around the blanket, giving the room a light yellow glow. Medium sized vases scatter the room, each containing an arrangement of sunflowers. My favourite flowers.

I turn towards Dylan and wrap my arms around him. "I love it."

He smiles, and picks me up off the floor, carrying me bridal style. He walks us over to the picnic blanket and he sets me down softly. "There." He says, and he pulls off my shoes.

"You aren't dressed appropriately for this." He states suddenly, and I look down at my hospital scrubs. I shrug. He shakes his head. He hands me a box. "Go get dressed, out of your work clothes. There is a bathroom just out the door." He orders.

I follow his orders and find the bathroom.  I close the door behind me and open the box. Inside is a emerald green cocktail dress. It's beautiful. I pull the dress over my head, and it seems to fit me perfectly. I don't have any shoes, but I much prefer going barefoot. I bundle my hospital scrubs into a small ball, and walk out the bathroom.

I find the room again and find Dylan looking out the window, at the view of the cityscape. The sun has almost set, and only the pink and the sun's faint yellow outline paints the sky.

He hears me close the door behind me and turns around. "My beautiful." He smiles and walks over to me, "Your outfit is missing something." He pulls out another box and hands it to me. I open it, and inside is a pair of sliver heels. I pull them on.

"I love them Dyl."

"And I love you." He smiles and sits down on the picnic blanket. He offers a hand for me. I walk over and take his hand and he helps me sit down. He pulls me close to him, and he shifts closer to me.

"It's beautiful." I whisper, looking at the cityscape, my breath tickling his face, as we are in extremely close proximity.

"No. It's breathtaking." He responds, except he's not looking at the cityscape. He's looking at me.