Epilogue

I study the tiny baby boy in my arms. His name is Adam James Montage, specifically named after my dead brother-in-law. He stirs in my arms, gurgling a little and showing me his brilliant blue eyes, and he falls back asleep again. His hair is dark, like his father's, and he has his mother's brilliant blue eyes.

I rock the tiny baby as Annabelle and Jason have gone to bed. The two were so tired and I promised to look after Adam for them. We are at Dylan's parent's house. Annabelle and Jason are sleeping in her old room, and I have taken charge of the baby. Annabelle's mother, Natalie, and I take shift with the baby. It's not difficult, as Adam is mostly sleeping. He has a little portable cot which has been stationed in the living room.

Dylan comes behind me, engulfing me in his arms, but being careful of the tiny baby boy.

"You make an amazing mother." He says, kissing my cheek.

"Thank you. You too." I turn, looking at Dylan's confused face. I laugh and kiss his lips. "I'm only joking you silly man with a large ego." I tease and he growls, kissing me. "Watch the baby!" I slap his hand.

"Put the baby down and let me kiss my wife to be." He orders and I roll my eyes. I put Adam down in his little cub and turn towards Dylan.

My mind drifts to the beautiful glittering engagement ring, currently burning a hole in my pocket. It's been six months after the cityscape date, and he proposed to me last night. I obviously said yes, and we are going to share the big news tomorrow at lunch when we come over again. I have made an effort to hide my ring, having to leave it off for a few occasions, such as this, but it will all be worth it. Dylan is coming over to my place tonight and we are going to tell Teddy as well.

~~~~~~~~~~

Teddy races in and out of the kitchen, at my apartment later that afternoon. He is playing with a toy airplane, making shooting noises, and whooshing sounds. I laugh, and I take the lasagne out of the oven. It's Dylan's favourite. Teddy stops suddenly, as it's his fifth time running in and out of the kitchen.

"What kiddo?" I ask, and he looks at me and smiles. He runs back out of the kitchen and disappears for a few seconds, and he suddenly runs back into the kitchen, a pillow in his hand, and he charges at me. He whacks me with the pillow and I laugh. He continues to whack me until I grab him and start to chase after him.

Teddy squeals and runs away. I chase after him, and pick him up and tickle him silly. He somehow manages to turn around in my arms, and whacks me with the pillow he has been holding. This causes me to put him down and he runs away squealing. I grab a pillow off the couch and run after him, trying to whack him back. He screams happily and hides behind the couch.

"Mr Boss Man is here." Teddy states randomly, still behind the couch, and sure enough, the doorbell rings. I walk over to the door, leaving my precious hiding place.

When I open the door, I find Dylan, who is leaning against it, smirking at me, holding an ice cream container, a present bag, and a bunch of sunflowers. I smile at his cheesiness. He loves spoiling me, and I love it too.

"Hey, my princess." He smiles, kissing my cheek.

"Hey." I smile. We stare at each other for a few moments. Then, I'm suddenly whacked with a pillow from behind.

"Oh you little rascal! I'm coming for you!" I giggle and grab my pillow and hit Teddy softly, he's only four after all. Dylan also joins in, but he joins Teddy's side.

"Traitor!" I shout as I see him and Teddy shake hands. I whack the two of them, and run to hide. They have given me a ten second head start. "5...4...3..." I hear them count together, and I decide to hide underneath the big couch pillows.

"Ooh! Doesn't this couch look comfy Teddy?" I hear Dylan's voice say, and he strokes the couch in which I am hiding. I grimace as the two hop on top of the pillows, which are on top of me. 

"Alright! You guys got me! I surrender!" I manage to get out under the couch.

"What was that? Did you hear something Teddy?" I hear Dylan say.

"Haha! Very funny!" I shout from underneath the couch. "No, seriously get off me you fat bums!" I shout in protest and Teddy burst out laughing. Dylan joins and pulls Teddy off, but not before making an effort to jump on the couch, and me, first.

"Did you just call me fat?" Dylan asks.

"Well, who else would I call fat here?" I ask. Dylan's eyes drift over to Teddy. "Teddy isn't fat, have you seen his buff muscles?" I ask, Teddy squeals with laughter.

"That's it! I've had it! You deserve punishment young lady!" Dylan shouts and Teddy hands him a nerf gun.

"Why you little traitor!" I shout. Teddy laughs evilly.

I run behind the couch to shelter myself from the nerf fire.

"I just complimented you little man and now you betray me like this!" I accuse from behind the couch. I hear a patter of footsteps, and I cringe, putting a pillow in front of my head to shelter myself from the imminent nerf fire.

None comes, so I slowly put down the pillow. In front of me, Teddy is kneeling down, and he takes my hands in his. I look at him, surprised at the affectionate gesture.

"I love you mommy." He says, and pulls me in for a tight hug. His little arms wrap around my neck, and he kisses my cheek.

"I love you too little man." I pull him tighter. A heavy weight weighs me down on my back, and I feel Dylan's arms engulf the two of us.

Still kneeling down on the floor, I tilt Teddy's head to face me. Dylan moves from behind me to next to me, and takes Teddy into his lap. He then wraps his arm around me, pulling me close to him. Teddy looks up at us, smiling widely. So, the three of us sit on the floor behind my couch like a little family.

"We have something to tell you Teddy." Dylan looks at me, as if asking for permission for him to tell Teddy. I nod. "Your mommy and I love each other very much."

"I know." Teddy responds quickly and leans back into Dylan's chest. Dylan looks at me, a soft smile on his face.

"Well, we are going to get married, and then we are going to live together." Dylan continues to explain. How do you explain marriage to a little boy?

"Okay." Teddy says softly, and he climbs off Dylan's lap. He stands up, so he is on eye level with Dylan and he puts his hands on Dylan's shoulders. "Does this mean you are going to be my daddy?" He asks innocently. I look at Dylan's face. His eyes soften and he smiles widely.

"Yes it does." Dylan says, and Teddy squeals. He flings his arms around Dylan's neck and squeezes him tightly.

"Thank you." Teddy whispers, "I'm getting a daddy." The thought makes my heart soar, and the ring finds it way back on my fourth finger, exactly where it should be.