Chapter 31:

Pic of Alex above

Annabelle's pov continued

He slips open the lid of the box. He gasps as he looks at its contents.

"Baby shoes?" He whispers softly. I nod. He turns them over in his hands. My breath catches as he reads the words. His eyes widen, and a large smile forms onto his face. In his eyes, I can see a mixture of feelings. Shock, surprise, complete joy and happiness.

"You are going to be a daddy." I've written them in black marker underneath the tiny shoes. Tears form in my eyes.

"You're pregnant?" He confirms. I nod, tears starting to run down my cheeks. "Why are you crying, Anniebelles?"

"I'm just so happy. Plus, I have pregnancy brain you know!" I smile, and gently whack his shoulder. He laughs and wipes the tears from my eyes. He looks down at my stomach and puts his traces his hand over it. There is a tiny bump. A tiny small bump.

"How long have you known?" He asks.

"A week. I was feeling woozy, and I couldn't hold in my meals. I thought I was sick with the flu, but as I was walking past the isles in the shop, I walked past the test, and I know we have been trying. When I did the test, I came back positive. I wanted to make sure I told you in the best way imaginable."

"The best way imaginable? You could've told me over the phone Annie, I would've reacted the same way." He shakes his head in bewilderment, "We are having a kid." It seems as if he can't quite believe it. "We are having a kid!" He smiles excitedly and rubs my belly softly. "That's little us in there." He whispers and kisses me again. This time, I can feel with bliss and pure excitement. We are staring s family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alex's pov.

"Annabelle?" I ask, and her eyes flicker into mine, and I can see she is doing with excitement.

"I-" She pauses, "No, we," She places her hand on Jason's on the table, "have an announcement to make!" She smiles widely.

It was at that moment when Arnold's phone decided to ring. Annabelle's face falls. Dammit, technology! Now of all times!

"We are pregnant!" She shouts before Arnold can answer his phone. The table goes silent, and Arnold drops his phone, which, by the way, is still ringing.

My mouth forms into a large smile, and as I look around the table, it appears everyone else's does too. I even see Delilah give a small smile.

"That's so exciting Annie dear!" Arnold smiles, and I can see him look at his wife ecstatic.

"Oh dear! We have so much to do! Plan the room! Plan the shower! I'm going to be a Grandma!" Natalie rambles, and I can see Annabelle roll her eyes.

"Only you, mother!" She laughs, and she rubs her stomach.

"Congratulations! How many weeks?" I ask excitedly. I can feel Dylan is also over the moon. He keeps squeezing my hand.

"Three weeks!" Her eyes shine, and she looks over to Jason who looks just as over the moon as she does.

"I'm going to be an Uncle!" Dylan says excitedly, flinging his hands up in the air, and letting go of mine in the process. He realises his mistake and puts his hand on my knee again. "Sorry." He whispers, and I just shake my head and laugh it off.

"I'm so happy for you brother!" Dylan smiles over to Jason. The two besties.

"Congratulations!" All eyes turn over to Delilah who just spoke. It sounds sincere. Who am I to judge?

The meal continues off in jubilant conversation until my phone rings. I look at the caller ID. It's my parents.

"Excuse me, I need to take this." I look over to Dylan's parents and they nod in approval.

I walk out of the restaurant. "Hello?" I ask nervously, I hope everything is alright.

"Mommy?" It's Teddy. It feels so amazing to hear his voice once again.

"Hey, Kiddo!" I smile, "Everything okay?"

"Yes!" He responds happily, "I wanted to ask about your holiday!"

"It's great! I can see the big buildings all around me, and I've met some of my friends here, so that's been a lot of fun!" I explain, and I can hear the four-year-old giggle, "What?"

"Was Mr bossman one of the friends?" He asks as if he can see right where I am currently, "MOMMY AND MR BOSS MAN SITTING IN A TREE K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" He bellows out and I can only help but laugh.

"Alright. How have you been Teddy?" I ask my godson.

"Good! We went out to watch a movie and then we all had pancakes and then we all sang in the car like we do in your car and we had lots of nice food and I played!" He explains nonstop, and I shake my head.

"That sounds brilliant! It sounds like you have had a lot of fun!" I respond and he giggles.

"I have had soooo much fun!" I can't stop smiling, and my eyes drift over to my table through the window. My eyes happen to land on Delilah, who also happens to have her hand in Dylan's on the table. She is whispering into his ear, and he throws his head back laughing. My eyebrows skyrocket. How dare she? I shake my head. It's not cheating. He isn't cheating on me, and I chant those words inside my head. I have to believe that he's a changed man, and I won't let Delilah convince me otherwise.

"Love you, Mommy. Grandma says it's time for bed." Teddy says into the phone.

"Love to the moon and back, my little wolfie!"

"Love you more!" He shouts back playing our little game.

"Love you most!" I finish, but not before he can yell out, "Love you mostest!"

I laugh and end the call. I turn back to the table, and I keep changing the words in my head. He's a changed man, and I won't let Delilah convince me otherwise. I will not. I continue this until I'm at the table. Arnold and Natalie look at Delilah's hand on top of Dylan's and then to me. I look Delilah in the face. She smirks smugly at me, and I give her a wide smile back. I need to let her know who the winner is, and I most certainly will not let her win. So, I sit in my chair next to Dylan's, and my hand flies up to my necklace and I put my other free hand on the table.

On instinct, Dylan's hand flies up to hold mine, and his other hand, underneath Delilah's moves towards his glass, and he proceeds to drink.

She looks at me, an eyebrow raised, and I look her in the eye, and stick my chin up. I won, and she knows I did. And as for Dylan, well, he's going to get a stern talking to about this Delilah girl. I'm not mad, but he didn't do anything about it, and I think he needs to next time.

My eyes shift over to her. Everyone around the table is speaking privately mainly. Dylan's parents are speaking to Annabelle and Jason. She, however, studies Dylan. She pats him and tilts her head, beckoning him to come closer.

"Would you like to come to place tonight? We could have some," She giggles, "fun." Dylan smirks and wiggles his eyebrows. I look around the table. No one saw that. Nobody around the table was meant to hear, but I could hear it, and see it.

He shrugs,and out the corner of my eye, I see him wink at her, and my heart constricts. How dare he? How dare she?