Chapter 29:

The Arc De Triomphe stands before us in all its glory.

"Breathtaking isn't it?" Dylan asks me, and I nod in awe. "Shall we go eat? I know this restaurant where you can see the Arc nice and close."

I nod eagerly. He already knows me so well. Food with great scenery, how could I refuse? He links his arm in mine, and we walk up to the restaurant.

"Mr Blake!" A woman says in a heavy French accent, "Your table is ready. This way."

We follow the woman to a table. It is positioned on the balcony as Dylan promised, but there are no other tables in sight. I narrow my eyes at Dylan.

"What?" He asks.

"You scheming Poop Brain!" I whack his head.

"You have been spending too much time with Teddy I see." He chuckles, which earns him another slap on the back of his head. "Ow!" He moans.

"Why aren't there any other tables? Around anywhere?" I gesture to the empty space around me.

"Because I told them to take them all away." Dylan shrugs as if it doesn't matter.

"That must've cost a fortune! Are you mad?" I ask him, and he just chuckles.

"Just mad for you." He whispers, and I roll my eyes.

"Thanks, but seriously, this is way too much." I complain and he shakes his head and laughs at me.

"Princess, I would buy the world for you, but my parents own this restaurant, and so whatever I say here, goes." He waves his hand around. "Shall we sit then, Darling?"

He takes my hand and leads me to a chair. He takes it out for me and pushes it back in when I'm seated. "Ever the gentlemen." I comment, smiling happily at him as he pulls in his own chair.

"Only for you." He comments and grins cheekily at me, and I smile widely.

"We are going out for a fancy supper tonight, so dress in something fancy." He smiles up from the menu.

"I don't have anything too fancy. How fancy?" I question.

"I'll make a plan." He grins. I narrow my eyes.

"Nothing too revealing!" I order and he nods.

"Of course not. Your modesty is so attractive, and it draws me to you. I would never want to change that. It makes you precious." He smiles, and it makes my heart flutter. I can feel my cheeks redden. "Has anyone ever told you that you look adorable when you blush?"

He takes my hand from under the table and puts it in his own.

"I have never felt like this before, about anyone." Dylan admits, "It's never felt so... right."

"Really?" I ask breathlessly. He nods. "So, What happens now?"

He sighs. "I don't know. What do you want to happen?"

"Us." I whisper. Dylan's eyes meet mine.

"Damn Princess. You make me so nervous!" He admits. I just laugh. He takes both my hands in his.

"Alexander Evans, will you do me the great honour of being my girlfriend?" He actually said it. I never thought he would. Stuff the promise. Stuff it all. I just want him and only him.

It's so romantic. I smile and pretend to think about it.

"Well, considering your resumé Mr Blake," I pretend, "I'm not quite sure that you are quite right for this job, as proceeds your reputation..." I start.