Chapter 36:

^Yes, that is Jensen Ackles, you can imagine him as Dylan too.

"Good news. He's not in the ICU." the doctor says, as he leads me to Steven's room.

"But?" I ask, looking at the doctor expectantly. There is always good news and bad news.

"He has suffered some severe burns on his arm, and some of his torso, and he might look a bit bruised and bloody." The doctor says and opens the door for me. "I'll leave you two to talk."

I walk inside and the door closes behind me. I look at Dylan on the hospital bed. His face had a deep scar across his face. It comes from his one eyebrow down across his eye, and stops just under it. His eyes are closed. He has bruises though, which line his cheeks and hands. His one arm is blood red, but most of it is covered by bandages. He is cuddled up in blankets. I walk up to the bottom of his bed and stare at him like a stalker. He seems peaceful like this, and my heart tears slowly as I think back to our last conversation. 

A game. That's all we were, but I shove the feelings down and look at him. He is still handsome even when he is all beaten up. His scar makes him look a bit badass, and it is still fresh as the blood has fired a deep red.

His eyes blink open and he groans, as he looks around the room. His eyes finally land on me, and his facial expression remains neutral.

"I'm sorry." He whispers, and I'm frozen. He looks like he is in deep pain, with the two words he spoke.

"Don't talk." I pause, "If it hurts, don't talk." I somehow manage to get out. I feel like I'm frozen, like I cannot move, but I manage to sit in the chair next to his bed.

"But Alex," he winces, "I messed everything up. I screwed up. Big time."

"I know." I smile sadly, "But it's fixable." His face lifts.

"I'm so sorry Alex."

"I'm sorry too." I reply. He looks up at me and takes my hand, and holds it to his chest.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, my angel." He comments, and holds my hand tightly. He pats the bed next to him, and so, I climb into the blankets, and lean on him, making sure to be on the side he isn't burnt. "Will you still want me?" He asks suddenly.

"What do you mean?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Look at me, Alex. The burn scars are not going away any time soon, and neither are these on my face. I'm ugly." He complains. I laugh.

"You aren't ugly silly. You've been in a battle, and you have the scars to prove it. The scars show your strength, not your weakness, Dyl. If a girl can't see the beauty in the scars, then she won't see the beauty in anything else." I reply, "Scars show, that behind that tough exterior of yours, lies a human, just like everybody else." I laugh. "If it makes you feel any better, the scars make you look badass. Don't let that inflate your ego now okay?" I smile and run my fingers softly over his face, making sure not to touch the scars.

He looks down at me and smiles. "How did I manage to get you back? I don't deserve you." He responds and kisses me on my forehead. I lean on his chest and he runs his fingers through my hair.

"You don't." I admit, but I shake my head, "But I chose you."

"I couldn't be more thankful." We stay silent for a few minutes.

"I'm curious now. What exactly happened?" I had to. My curiosity got the best of me. He laughs, a deep, almost hoarse sounding laugh.

"Curiosity killed the cat."

"At least I'm not a cat."

"True true." His smile fades and he sighs. "I was inside one of our factory buildings, looking at its production and ways we can improve things for our employees. This particular factory worked with a lot of different metals. Some gas leaked from who knows where, and it was extremely flammable, most likely hydrogen, and the next thing we knew, everything was slight. The gas leaking caused a few explosions. I was one of the last to leave and the walls exploded around me. I can't remember anything from then onwards. I was obviously rescued by firefighters, but it was so scary. I had to get everyone out, and I wouldn't leave anyone behind. I refused." His unselfishness didn't surprise me. He has this player and arrogant exterior and yet, on the inside, he's completely different. He's brave and selfless.

"You silly hero. You save others, but you couldn't save yourself. You could've died Dyl, and I wouldn't know what to do." I grip him tighter.

"Where is my family?" He asks. My heart sinks.

"I don't know. I was called because I was on your emergency contacts, and when I got here and looked in the airing room, there was no one." I explain and he frowns.

"They are also on my emergency contacts list." He shakes his head. He groans.

"What's wrong?" I narrow my eyes.

"It's my lips. They are burning!" He moans, he looks like he is in agony. "Maybe a kiss will help?"

I slap his uninjured arm. His pained facade ends quickly and a smile lines his face. "Please?" He begs. I shake my head. "Please Alex! I could die!" He begs even more. I roll my eyes.

"You won't die you big baby." I lean in closer, "But, if you are in pain," I squeeze his injured arm a little, "I might be able to help. After all, I am a qualified doctor."

Dylan yelps, but that stops suddenly, as my lips meet his, silencing his cries. I softly trace his skin, and his good hand finds my ponytail and he pulls it out, letting my hair loose.

"There." I whisper as we pull away.

"There." He whispers and I lean my head again his. "All better." I push on his arm a little. He moans and I meet his lips once more. This time. He is caught by surprise, but quickly, recovers and kisses me back.

"I missed you like crazy. And I- I love you." He whispers, and I know, I somehow know, that it's true. Every single word, and that I, also love him back. I really do.

"I love you too."