Six:

The next morning, I curled my short hair, leaving it down. I smile at myself. It is new, and I am happy. I think it suits my features. I throw on a navy blue shirt, white jeans, and put on my motorcycle boots. I put white sandals into my backpack and I pick up my helmet. I climb onto my bike and quickly ride to the office. When I arrive, I hear a commotion within the office.  I can hear Dylan's Voice from in the reception. He is a whole story above it. He must have had a fight with his mother. When I exit the elevator, I find Dylan standing in his navy tuxedo yelling at a poor employee, who seems absolutely frantic. 

"Good Morning Mr Blake." I say amused. He does not turn around, as he is glaring at the poor intern, who seems to be terrified of poor old Mr. Blake. I roll my eyes. 

"Morning, Alex." His eyes never leave the young man, who has a pile of papers in his arms, as he greets me.

"I told you to file those! Why were they on my desk? Who the hell is my hing manager? I need to give them a stern talking to!" The intern's eyes grow wide, as Dylan shouts at him, clearly frustrated. Its not often I see Dylan in such a bad mood. He does not seem to yell at me, but I do hear him yell at his employees sometimes. I guess I am just lucky. I decide it is time to step in. 

"What Mr. Blake is trying to say, is that he wants you to file them in their correct places. If you need any help, don't be afraid to ask me. I will be happy to help you." I smile, and the intern nods, takes that as his chance to run away. "He is only an intern Dylan. Don't scare him off." I scold. Dylan finally turns to look at me. AS he does, he is  looking down at some papers in his hand, as i cross my arms, with an eyebrow raised. 3...2...1...

His mouth drops open.

"You- you cut your hair." He says, pulling on one of my curls. I laugh and slap his hand. "It suits you. It will take some getting used to, but I think it will grow on me. " He compliments, with a smile. It feels strange. Him complimenting me.  

"Why, thank you." I say taking a mock bow.

" I want you to sit in this meeting. I have a lot of critics in the room-my father's goons. He has told them to be harsh and question everything I say. I need them to realise that this is serious ans that I mean business. Having my personal assistant in there will help them realise that. My father is testing me." He orders and i nod, following him into the boardroom.  There is a very long glass table in the center of the fancy looking room. Around it, sits men fully suited in their 

tuxedos, and their stereotypical businessmen frowns. To my dismay, I am the only woman in the room. I squirm uncomfortably as i feel their judgmental stares rake over my body. I feel like I can smell money in here. Money and power.  I suddenly feel a wave of sympathy for Dylan wash over me. 

"Good Morning Gentlemen." I swear Dylan's voice went a few tones deeper. It almost scared me. Well, it would have, if I didn't find it so funny. I had to swallow my laugh. The men around the table stand up.

"This is my personal assistant, Alexander. She will be helping me in this meeting. Please be seated." Dylan orders, and like the soldiers in an army can feel the authority of their generals radiate of them, I could feel Dylan's authority wash over the room. The men sit around the table, as all eyes focus on their general. Dylan got his point across. Hopefully they listen. 

"So, as you all know, we are meeting to discuss the biggest partnership this company has ever seen.  I have a plan of action, and if everything runs accordingly, we will  have this partnership in no time. This will expand our company rapidly. It is vital that we get this. I want to speak to each of you, because I need to explain the plan forward. Alexander, please take notes." He says and looks at me. I raise my eyebrow slightly, as I nod. It sounds strange when he calls me Alexander. 

The meeting took about an hour and fifteen minutes. I kept quiet for most of the time. I am good with medicine, but all this business jargon passes over my head.  I smile at Dylan. He thanked me, and let me off, wishing me well for my exam tomorrow. I'm so nervous for it honestly. It should go well.

I drive home and indulge into my studies again.

~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, I put on shorts, a tee shirt and Nike sneakers. I quickly made my self some breakfast and drove to the examination hall.

I look at my watch. I'm just on time, and I quickly make my way to the hall, and find my seat. The professor hands out the exam papers. I roll my hand around, to prepare it for the scribbling that I'm about to do.

"Alright everyone, you have 4 hours. You may hand in your paper as soon as you are done. Good luck." The professor whom I had come to know very well says. I breathe in and start my paper.

It goes well. I know most of my work, and the questions are nicely put. Eventually, after three hours of writing straight, and ten minutes of checking, I'm done. I'm finished.

I smile widely and hand in the paper to the examiner. I skip excitedly outside.

I call up my parents to meet with them at a nice little coffee shop.

"So, how did it go?" They ask me excitedly.

"It went really well. I think that I definitely passed." I smile widely.

"Well, cheers to you!" My parents say, and hold up a coffee mug. We all clink it together.

"Thanks Mom and Dad, for supporting me through all of this. I know it's been a long journey. I love you both so much!" I smile and bring them I for a hug.

My phone rings yet again, and Dylan's name appears on the caller ID. I sigh.

"It's work." My parents both nod, looking at the phone.

"Hey." I breathe softly.

"Hey." He responds.

"What do you need?" I ask.

"Are you okay?" He answers.

"Yes." I reply.

"No. You aren't." He states. I scrunch my eyebrows.

"So then why are you asking me if I'm okay if you know the answer?" I respond.

"I need you to be okay." He responds.

"Why do you care so much?" He pauses as I ask him, slightly intrigued. He cares. I smile at the thought.

"I don't. I need my employees to be top of the game. I cannot have my work delayed because one person performance is not up to standard. I expect top quality work from you." Oh.

What an ass.

"My performance will not be affected by this issue at hand. I can assure you." I say, venom and sarcasm dripping from every word. "Will that be all? Sir?" He coughs at the word.

"You're mad." He states.

"Yes. Have a wonderful afternoon." I corroborate as sarcastically, and as venomously as possible.

My parents both look shocked as I sit back down.

"You speak to your boss like that?" My mother scolds.

"Yes. He was being difficult, unreasonable and an arrogant son of a catfish." I reply. My mother rolls her eyes.

"Be careful Alex. You don't want to get fired." She warns.

"I will be, I promise." I reply.