Four:

The next morning, I get changed into running shorts, a sports bra and nikes. I tie my hair back, and plug my earphones in. I grab my water bottle, and head out for a jog.

I pass the park where I grew up and run to my parents house, on the other side of New York.

I reach their house in an hour. I ring the doorbell breathless. The gate opens and I run quickly inside.

"Hey Kiddo!" My Dad waves. He is working on his car again. He loves his cars a lot.

"Hey Dad." I run up to him and give him a hug. "Working on Macy again?" I ask referring to the car. He smiles.

"Yup." He takes a spanner and winds it around. "Mom's is in the kitchen. She wanted to make muffins for our favourite doctor."

"Sweet. Thanks Dad." I hug him again and jog inside the house.

"Hey Alex." My Mom says taking muffins out the oven.

"Ooh! Smells good Mom!" I compliment.

"Thanks sweetheart. Out for a jog again?" I nod, taking a bit of an apple.

"Yeah. I thought I should come and see my favourite people, tell them about my news." I smile. My dad walks inside.

"Thanks Melanie, those smell amazing darling." My Dad says and puts his arm around my mother. I smile. I want what they have. They are so happy. He tries to take a muffin. My mother slaps his hand.

"Not now George. Later on. They still need to cool." She scolds. He laughs. I grin at the two, even though they have been married for almost thirty years, their love never grows cold.

"So honey, what's been going on?" My mother turns to me. Dad tries to steal another muffin. Mom slaps his hand again, even though she didn't see him take one. I swear that she has eyes on the back of her head.

"Er.. So I have decided to keep my job. I know that you guys are a bit pressed for money, especially with the Bakery going under renovation, and I had to take a student loan, to pay for the last of my studies. I need this job to help me pay it off. Please don't be offended. I just feel that I need to pay off this one myself." I admit.

"Honestly Alex, we could have helped you." My Dad looks at me, a bit disappointed, "But you have definitely matured. I'm proud of you, but if you need any more help, the bakery has opened again. We will help you."

I nod and hug them both.

"So which job is this again? Honestly, you go through so many." My mother teases.

"I'm working as a personal assistant for Dylan Blake." I admit. My parents look at each other.

"I don't think that that is such a good idea. I hear that he is quite the player." My father speaks. My mother nods in agreement.

"Yeah. I know, but the pay is good. It's only part time, and once I get on my feet, I will resign." I promise.

"Alright. Be careful honey."

We eat the muffins and talk a little more. I check to watch. It's 1 o'clock already. I'm going out again with Devin tonight again. We going to watch a movie.

I nod my parents goodbye and jog back home. I welcome the smell of my own home. I walk inside and make myself a sandwich, my phone rings.

"Hey baby." Devin answers.

"Hey handsome." I bite my lip.

"Hey gorgeous. I'm coming to fetch you earlier tonight. I want to spend more time with you Okay?" He says. I laugh.