Twelve:

"The Tuba." He answers.

"Seriously? If you could play any instrument you would play the tuba?" I burst out laughing. Dylan joins me and nods.

"This lasagna is seriously fantastic. I can't remember the last time I have had home cooked lasagna." He comments interrupting me. I look at him sadly. That sucks. While it might be great to have chefs at home, I don't think I could stand not having my mom's delicious chicken pie, or her delicious samosas. I think there are a lot of benefits to growing up rich, but not having a home cooked meal is not one of them. I shake my head.

"Okay. Last two questions." He smiles, interrupting me from my thoughts.

"Alright. You ask first." I urge. Dylan shakes his head and takes another bite of the lasagna.

"Nope. Ladies ask first." He argue and I sigh.

"You have to argue with everything don't you? And that isn't my question." I snap, before he opens his smart mouth to say some snarky comment. He reminds me of Tony Stark. Man alive, I love superheroes. I grin.

"Favourite superhero?" I ask and look at him curiously.

"Obviously The Winter Soldier." He states. Yes! He's a marvel fan. I grin widely and he winks.

"Your turn." I order.

"Who is your favourite superhero?" He asks. I narrow my eyes at him and cross my arms.

"You can just go around and steal my questions." I scold, he smirks. I swear that's all he does. He could take up a career in it. He's mastered the skill. He could entertain at parties. Dylan Blake. The smirker. I wonder if it will catch on.

"Answer my question." He orders. "Damn annoying woman." He mutters under his breath. I punch his arm.

"Heard that! Freakin Brilliant woman!" I punch the hair and grin as Dylan runs his arm where I punched him. "Captain America."

"Wait, like seriously? The goody goody?" He asks, and I open my mouth, but he holds up his finger, "That's not my second question!"

"Yeah. He is a man out of time, one of a kind. I like what he stands for. He won't compromise. We need people who will stand up for what they believe in, even if it isn't popular. Even if the whole world is against them. I like that he is a goody goody. His looks are just an added bonus." I fan myself.

I'm offended." He mocks, putting a hand to his chest, and then he has the decency to add, "Not as hot as Scarlett Johansson." He admits. I scoff.

"Final question." I state and look around. What's a good question to ask him? "Why do you play girls?" He looks taken aback by my question. "Let me rephrase, Why do you suddenly get bored of one girl and then move on just as quickly as you had won her over? Why can't you settle with one?" I elaborate. He pauses, clearly taken aback by my question. "You don't have to answer it if you don't want to. I'll just change my question." He shakes his head and silence follows.

"The thought of settling down scares me." He pauses, "I guess doing, Er... what I do, it just makes me feel that I won't ever have to settle down. I still have a chance to live out my life and not have to be tied down by someone. Doing this, it makes sure that I don't meet her, that it won't ever go further than a one day thing, that I won't find her, and that I can stay free and not have to worry about whether she will leave me alone or hurt me. I can't do that to myself. I can't put myself through losing her. I don't want to take the risk, and plus, I will never be good enough for her, whoever she would be. She deserves so much better than me." He admits. I soften. I never knew he had that side. I thought he would come up with a stupid answer like "Its fun" or "I just haven't found the right one yet." I'm beginning to like him a lot more, that is until he added, "However, I am also Dylan Blake. Player, smoking hot billionaire. I can get any girl I set my sight on. Why shouldn't I? Girls want me, and what I want, I get." I shakes my head. Never mind. He's an ass.

"Don't you see Dylan," I start, shaking my head, "that marriage doesn't hold you down, instead, it gives you someone, an equal, someone who knows you better than you know yourself, to spend the rest of your life with! Trust me, when you meet your significant other, you won't think of it as losing freedom or independence, in fact, it will be the best adventure of your life! And what's life without risks?"

"How do you know that it will be an adventure? How do you know how it will be like? You aren't married!" He points out, and raises an eyebrow.

"I've seen the way my parents look at each other. They have this look, and when they catch each other's eyes, it's almost like they know exactly what the other is thinking. The love they have, I want that! I've seen their marriage first hand and I can tell, that even though they fight, it has been a beautiful adventure that only the two of them share. And, I was going to get married to the love of my life." I scoff. "Then I realised that he's not the right one for me." I say, referring to my long relationship with Devin.

"Time for my final question. Who was the love of your life?" I narrow my eyes at him. "What?" He asks shrugging, "You asked me a super personal question it's only fair."

"His name was Devin. We had been dating for two years, we met in varsity. We broke up a month ago, when he decided to move to Atlanta because of his work. He said that I must come too, and quit my jobs, this one and the one I'm starting next year. It made me so angry. Then, I guess we broke up." I tell him truthfully.

"I'm sorry." He says, giving me a sad smile. I shrug.

"Hey, at least I found out sooner, before I had married him and we had moved to Atlanta. I realise now that it was actually more of a one sided relationship. I'm not one for those. It's funny how you see what's wrong with your relationships once you are out of them. You don't realise how much of a toll they take from you, until you leave them behind." I admit and shake my head. Dylan looks at me, sincerely, and I can't quite put the finger on his feelings. Comfort? Sympathy? Understanding?

"Well, you better get going." I smile, interrupting the awkward silence. "It's getting chilly. "Winter is on its way." He nods and head out. I walk him to his car. "It was nice seeing you Dylan." I rub the back of my head awkwardly. He smiles.

"You too Alex. I had fun." He gives me a quick hug and I wave as he drives away.

A small feeling of happiness  and excitement washes over me, but I suppress it down. I refuse. I will not fall for Dylan Blake. Not now. Not ever. That's a promise.