Fifteen:

After we had a delicious supper, Natalie leads me to a guest bedroom, which she says Teddy can sleep in until I leave. It has a walk in bathroom, with a huge bathtub off to the side. I turn on the tap and help him get clean. He absolutely adores bubbles and I think I got wetter than he did. When we finished, I tucked him into the bed and told him a quick bedtime story. I kissed his forehead, switched off the light, but I turned a small lamp on, because he is scared of the dark, and walked out the room. I walked to the lounge, but I stopped just before I reached the door, where I heard Dylan and his parents speaking.

"So what do you think of Alex?" Came Dylan's familiar deep voice.

"I like her very much." I could hear Natalie reply to her son's statement.

"I think that she is a very good influence on you. From what I can tell, she is sophisticated, unlike most of the other girls you have been previously brought home or fool around with. If this is the girl that has helped you to mature drastically, I definitely approve Dylan." Came his father's voice.  I was taken aback. They actually like me.

It was at this moment when I chose to walk into the lounge. I smiled innocently at them as if nothing happened, and I hadn't overheard their conversation about me. Then, we sat down and chatted some more.

The evening drew to a close, after a long evening of talking. I get on very well with Dylan's father, Arnold. We have a lot in common. He wanted to be a doctor, but in the end, he went into business, following in his father's footsteps, as he inherited Blake Industries, which has been running for almost 60 years. I like Natalie as well, but I can tell she is more conservative. Annabelle has told me that they have clashed heads a few times. Annabelle and I have met for coffee and lunch more often. I am getting to know her better, and I find that as I do, I find that we have so much in common. We are birds of a feather, similar, but also opposite in many ways. I understand her and seems to understand me as well. 

I look at the clock and almost jump. I cannot believe how quikcly time has flown. It is almost midnight. I decide it is time to leave, so I walk quietly into the room Teddy is in, and smile as I find him fast asleep. I scoop him up bridal style. He didn't even stir, and made himself comfortable in my arms, resting his head on my chest. He was so soft, so sweet.

I walk down the stairs, and Dylan, being the gentleman that I never thought he ever could be, took Teddy from me, and Teddy once again made himself comfortable, as he tucked himself into Dylan's arms. I walk over to Dylan's parents and hug them goodbye.

"It was so lovely to meet you both. Thanks for the amazing supper and everything you did for Teddy!" I say.

"No, thank you, Alex!" She smiles, and as she pulls me in for a hg, she adds in a whisper, "For everything." I nod and squeeze her tight. Arnold gives me a handshake, but then laughs and pulls me in for a hug.

"Drive safe." They smile and walk back inside. Dylan buckles up the sleeping Teddy and turns to me as he closed the door.

"Thanks for everything tonight, Alex." I nod and climb into the car, after giving him a bear hug. "Don't forget. Our bet ends tomorrow." He says winking. I nod and roll my eyes.

I close the door and wave as I drive my precious cargo home. I think that I might have a teeny bit of a crush on Dylan Blake, but I can't forget about my promise that I made to myself. I will never fall for Dylan Blake, no matter how much I enjoyed being his pretend girlfriend. It was only for one night, and it will stay that way. 

~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, I dropped Teddy off as per usual. I had on my high heeled ankle boots, jeans, a grey sweater, a blue scarf and beanie with a white Pom Pom on the back.