Chapter 34:

The operation was successful. I almost made a mistake, and I was second guessing myself through the procedure. I just finished washing my hands and taking off my blood stained scrubs. You would think I was a murderer with all this blood splattered all over me. My hands are shaking fiercely and my heart is still pounding in my ears. I'm a little dizzy, and I have a burning headache. It was at this, very perfectly timed moment when I realise that there are four, very attractive, good looking, celebrities sitting in Grace's room.

I shake my head. I walk to her room, and as I enter, I see it's vacant. I know where she's gone. She's gone to our little playroom. We have a room full of children's activities. They are allowed to go in there and play as long as a nurse or doctor allows them to, so that is precisely what she is doing. They would have taken her in a wheelchair, and sat her down in a couch, and given her what she wants. She will be weak after the chemo, but she refuses to stay cooped up in her hostility room for too long. I walk there and look at my watch. It's three o'clock and Teddy should be getting dropped off here in a couple of minutes. I walk to the playroom and find Grace sitting on her chair, with the four handsome men sitting around her, playing with her. I smile.

"Mommy!" I hear screamed across the room, and the bush of blonde rushing quickly to me, from behind Robert Downey Jr's leg. Teddy runs up to me and flings his arms around my leg. I laugh and pick him up.

"Hey, kiddo." He smiles at me and sloppily kisses my cheek.

"Guess what! Guess what!" He yells excitedly.

"What?" I ask and he grins widely.

"I met Iron Man and Captain America and Thor and some other nice man and then we played and drawed and played superheroes and spy spy!" He chatters off excitedly.

"Really?" I ask and he nods excitedly.

"Who was the bad guy?" I ask, smiling at my godson. Teddy points at Tom Hiddleston.

"Loki!" He shouts and Tom smiles widely.

The four men stand up, and Grace smiles widely at me in her wheelchair.

"Dr Alex!" She smiles widely and waves at me. I put Teddy down and walked up to Grace. "How's Harley?" She asks. I see the three men turn to look at me, to see my answer.

"The operation was successful. I did what I had to, and I'm going to probably get suspended for it, but I had to help him. That's all that counts." I smile sadly.

"Suspended?" Robert asks.

"I'm only a resident. There were no other doctors available so I had to perform the operation." I explain and he nods.

"That takes guts." Chris Hemsworth states in his Australian accent. I smile.

"Luckily, I have plenty of those." I smile and wink at Grace. I see her hand softly trace the Loki plaster.

"Would anybody like some coffee?" I ask, looking around at the men, and my eyes land on Tom Hiddleston, "Or tea?"

He chuckles. "I'll have some tea please."

"Three coffees round here please!" Chris Evans asks.

"Sure thing. Gracie?" I ask.

"Please, may I have a milkshake?" She pleads. Her mother is not too well off, so having a milkshake is a treat for her.

"Of course girlie." I smile and head out of the room.

"I'll come with you to help." Tom offers. I smile and nod in appreciation.

"Alex right?" He asks. I nod and smile, leading him through the never-ending hospital corridors.

"I'm surprised you remember. You must have to sign so many autographs and meet new people every day." I tilt my head to the side.

"I do. But I heard Grace call you Alex, so I just committed it to memory." He responds. I nod.

I lead Tom outside the hospital. He raises an eyebrow in question.

"The hospital cafe doesn't sell milkshakes. So we have to go the Mac Donald's to get one." I explain and he nods.

It becomes my turn to order, and I walk to the teller. The person behind the counter eyes me, and then stares for a few moments at Tom Hiddleston, clearly gobsmacked. I chuckle quietly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My shift starts coming to a close, and I assume that the men have other places to be. I help Grace back to her room to wait for her mom.

"How was that sweetie?" I ask, smiling at her widely.

"It was amazing. They are all so nice in real life!!" She smiles.

"Did they see your plaster?" I ask. She nods.

"They did. Tom became really excited, and I could see that the rest of them were almost sad, so I told them that I have all their plasters and I wear a different one every time. They were really happy and gave me this." She says, holding up a Captain America shield, which had all their signatures on and even had her name written on it all nicely.

"Thank you, Alex." She smiles.

~~~~~~~~~~

I walk to the playground again, finding my little godson in the middle now of the four men. They are playing duck-duck-goose, and Teddy is on. He walks around, and eventually taps Chris Evan's head, saying "Goose" loudly, and he squeals as he runs around the men. Chris pretends to run, but he makes sure to let Teddy win, and so, Teddy sits down in Chris's place. I walk into the doorway.

"Time to go kiddo." I smile at him and he spins his head around to face me. He looks upset.

"Really? Can't I just play for one more minute?" He pleads and I laugh.

"Come on. They need to get home and so do we." I hold out my hand. He nods obediently.

"Can I say goodbye?" He asks, his blue eyes stare into mine. I smile and nod. Teddy runs up to each of the men and wraps his arms around their legs.

Chris Evans picks him up, and he points towards each of them men. Teddy pokes Chris Hemsworth in his nose, and Robert smiles as Teddy gives him a huge hug. Tom tosses Teddy into the air, and Teddy squeals as he is flung upwards.

The men then turn towards me.

"It was lovely to meet you Alex." Tom smiles.

"Right back at you. Thanks for coming, and for entertaining this little rascal." I say, as Teddy is handed back to me and I tickle him, and he precedes to squeal and squirm in my arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys, I know this chapter is a filler chapter and almost a bit boring, but hey, drama is about to go down. For real this time! Hang on till the next chapter. I will try to post it soon. Love Y'all