» S P O O K Y

*a week later*

"Halloweens tomorrow!" Will excitedly states, sitting at the swings with Frankie once again.

"Yeah, I know. Do you celebrate?" Frankie grins. Seems that she always smiles when he's around.

"Of course I celebrate! It's my favorite day of the whole year! Obviously because I get to eat lots of candy. What about you?" the Byers boy curiously eyes his new found friend.

"I love Halloween. I love candy," Frankie states, "I don't usually have other people to spend it with though". Will frowns.

Frankie recalls Brenner bringing her candy on Halloween if she behaved well.

"Wanna trick or treat with me and the others?" Will offers suddenly, beginning to turn a small shade of pink. Frankie turns to face him with a bit of confusion.

"What's that?"

Will stops swinging and stares at the girl wide eyed.

"You've never been trick or treating before?!"

Frankie flinches at his loud voice and shakes her head. Will is at a bit of a loss for words. Frankie Prynne really is unlike everyone else.

"And plus, I don't think your friends would like it if I came," she adds. Will looks at her confused before asking, "what do you mean?"

"Mike seems a little hostile towards me," she mutters a bit disappointedly. Will frowns at her words but can understand what she means. Mike is extremely defensive lately, and he's been hostile towards the idea of letting Max into their "party", too.

"You haven't told him about me," she stares.

Will blinks at her surprised.

"W-What?" he stutters. Frankie only knew because the spirits told her so. Sometimes they spy. "You haven't told Mike you hang out with me," she elaborates.

"I know, I'm sorry.." he trails, suddenly feeling extremely guilty. He panics a little when she stands up from her swing, and expects her to leave. "Why didn't you?" She frowns, now standing in front of the boy's swing.

He blushes a little at their close proximity, but quickly reminds himself of the current situation.

"I'm not ashamed of you or anything– I swear I'm not– it's just that, my friends and I have this party system a-and Mike doesn't want anymore members—" Will stumbles over his words, trying his best not to sound rude.

"Why not?"

Will's eyes dart up at the girl's sad expression, and he feels immediately guilty.

"I don't know. He says he doesn't trust you, and he'd be so upset if he found out I've been lying to him to come hang out with you," he explains. Frankie feels a pang of hurt in her chest.

"He doesn't trust me? But, why? I haven't done anything to him...."

Will shrugs his shoulders a bit, watching as the girl fidgets.

"I think I'm gonna go to class," Frankie mumbles, backing away from his swing and rushing to grab her belongings. Will stumbles out of his swing and desperately attempts to stop her.