» Volume 2

Steve never really leaves Frankie's side after that, even when she stands up to sit beside Mike.

"You didn't tell me you were sick," Mike states, turning to the girl. "Jesus, Frankie, why didn't you tell me?"

The girl looks to her hands with guilt.

"I didn't want you to get all worried and try to keep me from helping Will–"

"Frankie, you could've died!" He exclaims.

"I want to help Will!" She responds. "I have to help him. I'm not even that sick, Mike. Really."

He rolls his eyes, shifting his body to face directly towards her.

"You look like crap," he plainly states.

"Jeez, thanks," She scoffs.

"He's got a point," Lucas jumps into the conversation. "You really were an idiot for risking your life like that. We get that you want to help Will, which is cool, but what good what it be to Will if you died? He'd just be really hurt when he gets back to normal."

Frankie sighs, staring down at the table.

"For once, these dipshits are right," Steve agrees. "You're grounded for– till college."

"For till college?!"

"FOR TILL COLLEGE."

(IM SORRY BUT I LOVE THAT SCENE IN ICARLY DONT COME FOR ME)

"Are you related?" Dustin asks. "We've all been wondering for a long time about how you two even know each other. I mean, you can't be related to Steve if your from the lab."

"He actually just gave me a ride one day, then he kept showing up," Frankie shrugs. "Then, he came around more often."

"Then, she told me the truth and I basically moved in with her," Steve adds.

"I can't get over how totally cool you are," Max grins. "I always knew you were— even before you told us about your abilities."

Mike rolls his eyes.

"I still think you're annoying whether you talk to dead people or not," Mike jokingly laughs.

"Yet, you stayed with her and almost shanked a guard when they tranquilized her at the lab," Hopper laughs, walking into the kitchen for a glass of water, then walking back out.

Frankie grins stupidly at the boy, and he throws his head back in a loud groan.

"I just didn't want Steve to kill me," he lies.

"Yeah, sure, whatever you say," Frankie remains grinning.

"Stop that! Stop grinning!" He annoyedly demands.

"What? I'm not doing anything," she insists before turning to the others and whispering "he totally cares about me" loudly.

"Will would be happy to see you guys getting along," Lucas states with a smile.

"Yeah," Dustin agrees, patting Mike on the back. "So good job at finally making amends."

"Now if only he'd hate me a little less," Max hums, walking with the others back into the living room.