» S T R A N G E R

As soon as Steve had dropped the two kids off was when Mike realized the gravity of the situation at hand. They couldn't just walk in there— he had to notify Dustin, and Lucas first. The only way to do that was to wait until tomorrow.

"Wait," Mike says, holding out his arm in front of Frankie.

Frankie throws him a confused look, "what?"

"We have to tell Lucas and Dustin first," he explains. "Plus, do you really think Mrs. Byers will let us see him right now? We should wait till tomorrow."

"Wha— but, b-but...Steve just dropped us off, and you're realizing all of this now?" She huffs, crossing her arms over her chest. "We're already here, and why does Dustin and Lucas need to know? Why do you always have to tell them before you do anything? Can't we just do this one thing? I'm really worried about—"

"I know, I know," Mike grumbles, waving the impatient girl off. "Can we please just wait?"

"I guess," Frankie agrees reluctantly. "What do we do now though?"

"Do you think Steve would let you stay over at my place?" Mike asks hesitantly. "Just for the night! That way we get to school together, then tell them togeth—"

"—are you insane?! Steve would kick my ass if I even asked. Why can't you stay at my place?"

Mike rolls his eyes at the girl, trying to calculate his next actions carefully.

"Okay okay," Mike sighs, "let's say my mom did let me stay at your place— would Steve let me?"

"What he doesn't know won't hurt him," Frankie grins deviously.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Mike questions, feeling slightly worried by the girl's sudden amused expression. It was unlike her to say the least.

"I'm just saying," she begins to walk down the road, away from Will's house, "he has to stay over at his own house tonight— so, you can sneak in after he leaves. Then, he won't even have to know about any of this, deal? Or are you too chicken—"

"Deal," Mike cuts in. "I'll probably tell my mom some stupid lie— she'll buy it."

"Okay, I'll call you when Steve leaves?"

"Yeah."