» Volume 4

"What the hell?" Bob mutters, looking around at the flashing alarms.

"We're too late," Mike mutters, a look of fear beginning to form.

"What?" Bob confusedly questions.

"We're too late!" Mike screams in panic, rushing back to the room.

As hey get back into the room, Joyce approaches them ridden with confusion at the entire situation. Mike doesn't hesitate to give her the whole truth.

"We're under attack."

He immediately goes to pick up a needle, holding it up in front of his face.

"We need to make Will sleep," he states.

"What?!" Joyce reels her head back.

"He's a spy. If he knows where we are, so does the shadow monster," he elaborates.

Immediately, Will sits up in a defensive manner, beginning to scream against his word.

"He's lying!"

"He killed those soldiers! He'll kill us, too!" Mike argues.

"He's lying! He's lying! He's lying! He's lying! He's lying!" Will insists, getting louder each time.

He pushes against Bob and Joyce's hands as they keep him from going further off the bed.

Gunshots can be heard from the hall, causing more panic to fill their veins. Mike glances to Frankie, trying to decide if he should wake her up or not.

In the end, he leaves her be, promising himself not to leave her behind.

Will is still screaming.

"Okay! Will, Will, listen, listen. Do you know who I am?" Joyce questions, quieting the boy. "Do you know who I am?"

The boy racks his brain for information, turning up with almost nothing.

"You're..." he thinks of anything, "you're...you're mom!"

Joyce face crinkles into a mixture of disappointment and sadness. She knows what she to be done, and turns to look at Bob with broken eyes.

"Hold him down."

He really begins to struggle then, screaming a symphony of "no's" and "let me go's" while Joyce prepares a needle.

She screams a course of "sorry's" as she goes to plunge the needle into the boys skin. Mike covers his ears, growing more and more frightened by the situation. Finally, it goes through— putting Will into a deep sleep.

Hopper bursts into the room, along side Owens.

He shares a Look with Joyce, glancing at the needle before the door behind them begins to be banged down.

"We gotta go. We gotta to," he mumbles, rushing over and throwing Will over his shoulder.

Mike moves too, taking Frankie gently into his arms with a nervous look.

Joyce grabs more of the medicine before everyone begins to rush away down the hallway— howling and screaming echoes in the air around them.

In front of them, someone is tackled to the floor by a monster. Behind them, person shoots in desperation.

With no where to go, they rush into a random room beside them. A computer room.

Mike keeps Frankie securely in his arms, noticing the screens displaying havoc right after Bob does. They're in the monitoring room.

From the cameras, they watch the chaos.