» Volume 1

Steve carefully drives home, worriedly glancing at Frankie every chance he gets.

She's still shaking with tears.

"I'm so sorry," Steve apologizes, "I should've been there. Who the hell did this to you?"

"N-No one," Frankie insists, too afraid of what might happen if she ratted Billy out. Steve turns his head to the girl with an incredulous look. "Are you fucking kidding me, Frankie?"

"P-Please, Steve– I don't wanna talk about it..." she begs. Steve immediately gives an apologetic look, not meaning for his voice to come out so loud.

"Steve?" She questions softly as they approach her house.

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

Steve smiles lightly and reaches over to give the girl's hand a reassuring squeeze.

"I love you, too."

He parks his car and gets out with the girl. There is no way he is going to let her stay alone tonight. Frankie seems tense the entire time. She even walks up the stairs with slow steps, dragging out their entrance.

"Steve, I need to tell you something," she finally says as they enter the house.

Steve turns to her curiously.

"What's up?"

"Well— it's gonna sound crazy," she explains. As she takes a seat on the couch, he follows.

"I've seen crazy," Steve hims as he sits down across from her. Frankie smiles gently and clasps her hands together. She carefully thinks her next words through.

"I can see ghosts," she states.

A silence lingers over them.

"Is this a joke?" Steve chuckles, rolling his eyes. Clearly, he didn't believe her.

"No, really—"

"Frankie, c'mon. Ghosts? If you wanted to impress me, you already have—"

"I'm not trying to impress you!" She shouts, becoming defensive. "I can see ghosts! See, I knew you wouldn't believe me—"

Steve raises his eyebrows.

"Okay," he hums, "then prove it."

She takes a deep breath. Then, she hesitantly pulls off her watch.

Steve's eyes widen, and his brain suddenly flashes back to 011. This couldn't be a coincidence could it? Did Will tell Frankie, and now she's pretending to be from the lab, so she'll feel included?

Steve moves over and takes the girl's wrists, staring in disbelief.

Frankie gives him a questioning look.

She thought she was going to have to explain where she got it from, but it seems as though he already knows.

"Are you....are you from the lab?" Steve quietly whispers.