» Volume 2

"There," Frankie grumbles, standing up from the piano bend and stepping away, "you're all alive again, so leave me alone."

A round of cheers sounds from the ghost– humans.

"Thank you, Frankie!" Alex grins, following the girl as she walks to her room. Frankie only nods her head in response, wiping the blood from her nose. "Okay, now I need to ask you something in return," Frankie states, turning to face Alex.

"Oh?" Alex responds, giving a cheeky grin.

"Yeah," she rolls her eyes, "I told Will I'd go treat-or-tricking with him—"

"—You mean 'trick-or-treating'?" Alex corrects.

Frankie nods.

"Yeah, but don't I have to dress up, or something?"

Alex nods and begins to think up a costume. Frankie waits patiently, glancing around her room in search of anything that might spark inspiration.

Suddenly, a devious smile appears across Alex's lips.

"I have the perfect idea!"

Frankie raises her eyebrow at Alex's excited tone of voice. She shrugs her shoulders and simply allows Alex to takeover and do her costume/make up.

"What's happening?" Frankie questions, watching as Alex rummages through her clothing.

"Well, the other day, I saw your little friends playing Dragon's Lair, so I thought maybe you could dress as Princess Daphne," Alex explains. Frankie nods her head slightly.

"Oh, okay. I don't know who that is, but alright."

After about an hour, then girl is finally ready to go out.

"Thank god I have Steve's number, so I can ask him to drive me into town," Frankie mutters, grabbing a pillow case to use for her candy. Alex nods in agreement.

"Have fun."

Frankie grins widely before running towards her landline in the kitchen. Quickly, she begins to dial Steve's number, half expecting him to answer.

The line rings for less than a minute.

"Hello?"

Frankie sighs in relief at the sound of Steve's voice.

"Hey, Steve, its Frankie—"

"Frankie? Are you okay? Do I need to go over? I was getting ready for a party but I'll cancel—"

Frankie laughs loudly at the boy's panic before responding.

"I'm fine. I was just wondering if you could give me a ride into town," she explains, tapping her finger on the kitchen counter. There's a long pause of silent as Steve contemplates his options on the other line.

"Hmmmm," Steve pretends to think, "I guess I could make an exception."

Frankie smiles brightly, "thank you thank you thank you!!!"