» Volume 1

"Well, uh," Will nervously taps his fingers against his thighs, "I like you– a lot."

Frankie smiles lightly in relief.

"Thank goodness," she sighs, "for a second there, I thought I was gonna have to ignore you forever."

Will breaks into laughter.

Frankie links their hands once more before saying, "I like you, too. So much."

Now they're both laughing, although nothing is particularly funny. Will appreciatively squeezes the girl's hand. In his head, he imagines what he plans to sketch later on.

"Do you really think that's the reason I can see the ghosts without the piano?" He hums.

"Honestly? No, but I don't know what else the reason could be," she admits.

Another thought crosses his mind.

"T-There's something else I wanted to talk about," Will mutters, causing Frankie to glance at him curiously.

"What is it?"

"It's about Dart. I-I think....I think I heard him. When I was having an episode," he states, beginning to become noticeably anxious.

Frankie's eyes widen, "are you sure?"

He nods his head.

"You should tell Mike," she advises as she hops off her swing. Will stands from his and nods his head.

"I will," he promises. Just as the two begin to make their way back to the school, the bell rings and kids spill from the doors.

"Do you think Mike's gonna hate me even more?" Frankie softly questions as the two walk through the entrance. Will glances at her with a frown, and shrugs his shoulders.

"I'm not sure, but whatever he does, I promise I'll defend you this time," he swears, taking her hand in his.

Frankie turns to him with a smile before pushing her way towards their lockers.

She leaves Will to go to his own locker where she assumes he'll meet Mike and explain the current dilemma. She hopes that he'll leave the fact that they ditched class out— Mike would just have another reason to hate her. For being a "bad influence".

A few minutes later she approaches Will's locker, only to see Mike sprinting towards Mr. Clarke's room. Will is no where in sight.

Her eyes widen, and she follows after him.

"Stop!" Mike shouts, bursting through the classroom door, "I'm really sorry, Mr. Clarke, it's just a stupid prank. I told him to stop. We need to go."

"Mike?!"

"Right now. RIGHT NOW."

Confusedly, the kids follow after Mike. Frankie joins them, throwing Dustin a confused look. He shrugs his shoulders in response.

As they approach the AV room, Mike lets everyone in except Max and Frankie.

Frankie frowns, and Max begins to bang on the door annoyedly.