» Volume 2

It must've been something about having the blood of a "Byers" that made Frankie so flustered— because she just can't seem to look Jonathan straight in the eye without blushing profusely.

Jonathan finds her obvious crush on him cute— although he knows Will wouldn't find it so entertaining.

And Steve? He's fuming. His girlfriend and his best friend/sister/child BOTH like Jonathan Byers. It's annoying, and he can't help but roll his eyes over and over.

"So you're from the Hawkins lab? How did you escape?" Mike asks, sitting far too close to Frankie, examining her number.

"I escaped when 011 was defeating Brenner, and the supernatural being," she explains.

"You mean the demogorgan? But that was a year ago...how come you didn't start school until this year?"

Frankie nervously shifts under their intense stares, "Well, I had to adapt to the outside world first. I had to figure out how to properly interact with other human beings without seeming like I just escaped from an eternal jail."

"How have you survived on your own?" Nancy softly questions.

"Well, I had Alex. The ghosts stole for me, and then I met Steve—"

"Ghosts?" They all ask in unison.

Frankie glances to Steve, suddenly feeling anxious under their curious stares. Talking about "abilities" or "gifts", or whatever you wanna call them, had always been a little difficult for her. Especially to a large crowd.

"Prepare to have your mind blown," Steve grins. "You can show them Frankie."

"Uh, Steve, there's something I've been needing to tell you—"

"You don't have to be shy," he insists. "I'm here."

"No, I know, but....there's uh, something I really need to tell you," She stammers, pulling her hand away from Mike.

"What is it?" He asks, catching onto her fear.

"It's about the gate...it was supposed to close November 2nd. Yesterday.

It didn't."