» Volume 2

Steve awakes to the sound of knocking at the front door. Confusion is written in his features as he takes in his surroundings, then he realizes that he's still at Frankie's house.

Shit.

He quickly jumps off the couch and looks around for Frankie and Will. Where the hell did they go?

The knocking continues.

His eyes wander to the clock.

10:03pm

"Shit," he grumbles to himself, recalling Will's curfew. Quickly, he rushes to the door expecting to see Jonathan. As he swings it open, he sees Joyce Byers instead. Immediately he stands up straighter and attempts to look more welcoming.

Ms. Byers looks a little confused for a second.

"Hello, Steve. I didn't know you lived here?" She hums. Steve smiles politely and begins to shake his head.

"Oh, I don't. I'm just babysitting, actually," he corrects. She nods her and attempts to look around him. "Oh I see," she mutters, "well, uh, Jonathan said I could find Will here? Apparently he's hanging out with a friend– which I had no idea about. I'm not mad, or anything– I know I sorta suffocate him– I just want him to be safe," she begins.

Steve politely listens while welcoming her in.

"I understand," he insists as they enter the living room, "I'm sure they're just playing a board game in Frankie's room. I'll go get him."

Joyce nods and watches Steve exit the living room.

"Frankie?" She whispers, attempting to rack her memory for any faces to match the name. She thinks every male teen Hawkins, but can't seem to figure out who the name belongs to.

Meanwhile, Steve prays that they really are just in Frankie's room. How could he fall asleep? He's so stupid!

As he walks into Frankie's room, he's relieved/annoyed to see her and Will napping beside one another. Their hands are linked, nothing more than that. Still, Steve feels annoyed to see them so close.

Quickly, he shakes the two awake.

"Frankie, wake up!" He whispers, nudging the girl. Frankie groans before forcing herself to sit up and rub her eyes. Will wakes up as soon as her hand leaves his.

They both look extremely dazed.

After a minute though, they're both wide awake and spring away from each other. Will blushes deeply and face-palms.

"Steve!—" Frankie begins, fumbling to explain herself. Steve rolls his eyes at the girl.

"Save it," he grumbles, "Will's mom is here. So you two get your shit together and come out to the living room." With that, he walks out of the room; leaving the two to fix themselves up.

Frankie looks towards Will, who in turn looks at her. They both break into laughter.

"He's gonna hate me forever now," Will says through laughs. Frankie nods her head along with him, still laughing. "You got that right! As soon as you leave he'll probably lecture me for the rest of my life."