» Volume 2

Max and Lucas move to the window in a hurry, peaking out to check if the person coming is who they think it is.

"It's my brother," Max nervously states. "He can't know I'm here. He'll kill me. He'll kill us."

Steve glances at the kids, sensing their nervousness. He knows it's time for him to step as a leader and defend them no matter what happens next.

Billy would finally get what he wants; a face off with Steve.

As the car screeches to a stop, Steve goes out of the house.

Frankie begins to get beyond nervous, a reason unknown to most of her friends. The only person that understands her panic is Mike. She told Mike what happened to her on Halloween.

"Hey, Steve's gonna handle it," Mike calms, trying to stop the girls pacing.

"I'm scared, Mike," Frankie admits, turning to the boy with seriousness. "I don't want Steve to get hurt."

"He won't—"

The door slams open, and in walks Billy.

Frankie nearly passes out, but Mike helps ground her when he quickly grabs her hand and squeezes it lightly.

"Well, well, well," Billy scoffs, stepping forward at an alarming rate. "Lucas Sinclair, what a surprise. I thought I told you to stay away from him, Max."

The redhead cowers back slightly, doing her best to keep calm.

"Billy go away," she demands.

"You disobeyed me. And you know what happens when you disobey me," he mutters.

"Billy..." she tries.

"I break things," he grunts.

In a flash, he's shoving Lucas to the back corner of the kitchen, holding him by his shirt. Everyone begins to yell, and Max screams for him to stop. He never does.

Lucas is clearly terrified, trying to keep calm.

"Get off of me, you—"

"Since Maxine won't listen to me, maybe you will," Billy growls, "you stay away from her. STAY AWAY FROM HER. Do you hear me?!"

"I SAID GET OFF ME," Lucas screams, kneeing the older boy in the crotch before running back towards his friends.

He barely flinches.

"You are so dead, Sinclair! You're dead!" Billy growls.

"Leave him alone!" Frankie begs. "Just stop! Just go away you stupid, asshole!"

"Frankie, shh—" Mike tries to keep her hidden.

Billy turns around with the most cynical smile, giving a laugh that make everyone quiver in there place. He eyes the girl up and down before taking a step forward.

"Well, well, well! If it isn't little miss Frankenstein!" He cheers, causing the girl to stumble back. "You know, I thought I taught you a lesson the last time I saw you! Turns out I was wrong."