» Volume 2

"I mean, I guess so," Frankie laughs. She stands up and begins to walk towards the piano room.

Steve eagerly follows, nearly tripping over his feet.

Frankie takes no notice to his excitement.

The door is unlocked today. This is because she played the piano earlier, and she didn't really think she'd have to worry about her piano being touched. Once they're in though, she closes the door.

It'd only work if they are in an "isolated" area.

As Frankie sits at the piano bench, Steve sits on the floor beside her.

She breathes in deeply.

"Okay, so when I play the piano this time around, it'll be more like a signal—" Frankie explains.

"A signal?"

"Yeah. Cause I usually only play the solo when I want them to be alive again. Since they're already alive, this'll just be like a signal. A signal for them to come home."

Steve nods.

Frankie begins to play.

Steve quietly observes the girl's fingers as they drift along the piano. He's still amazed at her amazing skills. His eyes catch a hint of red that make him glance to her face.

Her nose is bleeding. It's more bloody than it already was.

She really isn't lying.

As she finishes the solo, there's a loud ghost of wind and echoes of whispers.

Suddenly they're surround by a large number of people. All them are very different looking. They seemed to be dressed in styles of different time periods. It's wild.

"You called?" A male chirps to Frankie. He's dressed in a suit.

"Yeah, I want you guys to meet Steve." Frankie simply says, turning to Steve. He is sat in quiet shock, looking around at all the people. Honestly, he's kind of freaked out.

This explains the key.

"He can see us?!" A woman squeals. They all begin to huddle around the boy, further frightening him. Chatter sparks amongst the ghosts.

"EVERYONE, CALM DOWN!" Frankie commands, noticing Steve's fright.

"H-Hi," Steve manages to choke out. Everyone steps away from him, still watching him with clear excitement. Frankie sits on the floor beside Steve and begins to introduce them all. There's too many names to remember.

"I must say," Alex steps in, "I'm thoroughly impressed with the man you've turned out to be."

"What do you mean?" Steve questions.

"You sincerely love Frankie, and all over her bratty self. That takes a lot of effort. The day you picked her up, I thought it was a one time thing. She's lucky to have you."

"I'm not a brat!" Frankie growls, defending herself. She swats at Alex, but her hand goes right through the ghost.

Steve laughs.