How To Handle Gays

Tony

That Tuesday, after winning our game we decided to sleep over his house, instead of mine. I hadn't slept over since he'd came out and I figured we needed some bro bonding time. Things were tense between us on the way to his house.

"Do you want me to get pizza before we get there?" "Really, pizza after a game?" "We worked it off. We deserve it." "My mom has dinner in the fridge for us. Baked chicken, and some pasta on the side." "And pasta's good after a game?" "It's carbs and the chicken is protein, not greasy pizza." "Ok," I rolled my eyes, "No pizza. Is your mom home?"

"Of course not. She went to work right after the game ended. She came in the locker room to say goodbye but you were too busy screaming and partying in the showers." I chuckled, "You should've joined in." I swear he blushed, but then again, I've never seen Logan blush. It could've been the light from the setting sun's light.

He didn't say anything the whole time we ate. It was beyond odd. Usually we'd be playing the game or outside shooting around on the basketball court in the yard. I followed him up and stood in his doorway. "So, how are you and Jess?" Wow, he really must not have known what else to say; he hated Jess. I didn't answer and just stared at him.

"What?" "What's wrong with you? You know damn well, you don't care about Jess. Normally, you can't shut up about what we need to be doing better for the next game." "Just tired." "Well, you played hard today. We wouldn't have won without your last two points." "Thanks, you too," he scratched his head and walked into his bathroom.

That was obviously all I was getting out of him for the night. Sighing, I walked over to my bag, took off my jeans and put on a pair of basketball shorts. I jumped onto his bed and moved over towards the wall. When he came back in the room he stopped, and looked at me, confused. "What are you doing?"

"Uh, getting ready to sleep?" "Next to me?" "Am I not allowed to sleep on your bed anymore?" "I just didn't think you'd want to." I shrugged, "I'm cool. Don't make a big deal out of it. Just no caressing my body in my sleep, ok?" He pulled a lacrosse ball out of his gym bag and chucked it at me. "Alright! Just checking."

He threw me a blanket and climbed under his covers leaving me out of them. Probably the best idea for both of us. It'd probably be super awkward. "Question. Why'd you tell me you had plans, instead of just telling me you were going to smoke with Josh last weekend?" He shrugged, "Didn't think I had to be specific. They were plans."

"But you made it seem like you were hiding it from me.." "I was just chilling with Josh. Am I not allowed to have friends father?" "Since when do you smoke? I thought you didn't smoke?" "I was going to try it out. Damn." "So Kyle? You guys gonna go out? You seemed like you hit it off at the mall this weekend."

"Uh," he looked over at me, "Why are you asking me this?" "Well we used to talk about girls so I figured it wouldn't be different. But if you don't want to talk about it that's okay too," I added. He snickered, "You don't have to try and have a conversation with me Tony. And no, I'm not. He's not my type." "What's your type?"

I looked at him when he didn't answer, he was grinning. "What?" "I appreciate that you're trying to make this less awkward than it already is but I can tell that you're uncomfortable with this. It's okay, it's gonna take some time. I realized that." "Thanks." He nodded. "Yeah man. It's cool. Thanks for being cool, or trying to be," he snickered. We fell asleep after that.

His mother made us breakfast that morning before school and afterwards I helped her with the dishes. Logan's phone started ringing and he took it upstairs. It was weird since he always answered the phone in front of me. When I was done cleaning I tip-toed to Logan's bedroom door so I could bust in and scare the shit out of him.