V

I awoke to a hand shaking me lightly, causing me to stir and bring my hands up to my eyes, wiping the sleep from them.

"Keylin.." I hear Malakei whisper and I blink awake to look up at him in confusion.

Malakei looked down at me in slight concern but when he noticed I was alright he visibly relaxed, his face hardening however at the realisation of something.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, why?"

"Baja was freaking out."

I suddenly become alert at that as I look up at him, about to move when I felt Raen shift in his sleep behind me and I freeze. His hands somehow having made their way completely around my middle, trapping me in his embrace. Malakei frowns at this but doesn't say anything and turns his head to the side as Baja's front paws lean up against the bedside, sniffing at my face before leaning over to lick my cheek. I run a hand through her fur.

"She must have sensed something wrong but you seem fine. I thought I'd help her look for you.." Malakei trails off before looking out at the entrance of the tent. Looking as though he would rather be anywhere but here right now.

I frown at this with the realisation coming to me that Baja most likely felt the pain from when Raen was putting my foot back into place. Or felt that I was in pain perhaps and immediately knew that something was wrong. The thought of it made me cringe as my foot felt heavy beneath me.

"There's something else.." Malakei starts as he looks back at me, fear being masked by his cool expression. I furrow my brows at this as I look up at him.

"Your father is back. He's looking for you."

The thought of my father made my eyes widen and I try to scramble out of the comfy bed but Raen's grip on me is tight and I let out a sound of discomfort. I lift my head up to look at Malakei who raises a brow at me, smirking. I narrow my eyes at him.

"Can't get up?"

"Just shut up and help me." I mutter as I reach for Raen's hands clasping around my middle. I miss Malakei's gulp in what I could only assume as fear for if Raen were to wake up and find out what he was doing. I wonder was I breaking the rules that they had?

I didn't care.

I needed to find my father before he finds me first and this would not be a very promising position to find me in.

I manage to unwrap Raen's hands from my middle as Malakei places one hand on my arm and the other clasping my hand tightly to pull me out from under Raen. I'm slowly but quietly being pulled from under Raen but just at the last moment, his arms grab for me again. Returning to their initial place so fast and tight; I gasp at the winded feeling while Raen pulls me back to him even closer than before.

Malakei drops my hands wide eyed and backs up slightly, raising his hands above his chest showing that he meant no harm but Raen doesn't believe it and lifts himself up into a sitting position. Glaring at Malakei.

"Malakei get out, before I do something I'll regret."

I take the opportunity of freedom to roll onto my side and push myself out of the bed. Not getting too far before I'm stumbling slightly. Malakei notices this wide eyed and catches me in the last moment.

"Get out Malakei." Raen all but exclaims and that's when I turn to him with a narrowed expression.

"Stop it. He's not doing anything wrong. You don't have to yell at him." I state lowly and Raen's eyes twitch with bottled anger. Malakei says nothing from behind me and stays silent.