VII

I screamed in horror as I backed away from the vein infested woman that continued to crawl towards me, now at a slow pace. Almost delaying her kill time knowing that she had me cornered.

"No! Get away from me!" I screamed and it croaked at me, a sinister smile coming onto it's face.

It was horrifying.

She suddenly leapt forward at an inhuman speed and I screamed loudly as I curled in on my body. Tensing as I awaited my faith.

"No!"

"Keylin!"

My eyes opened to darkness and I panicked for a moment before realising my arms were covering my face as I was curled in a small position on the ground. Malakei's hand was on my shoulder as I looked up at him, squinting at the sun behind him before his head blocks it out and his concerned eyes meet my confused and terrified ones.

"Keylin! Are you alright?" He questions, worry lacing his voice as I look around me confused and panting.

The Dry Landers were all looking at me now. Some with concern and others with weird looks. The rest were laughing and sniggering at the scene that had taken place.

"Hey.." Malakei places a gentle hand on my cheek and I turn to him, gulping as I look up at him. Malakei frowns and biting his lip, lifts his hand from my cheek and up to my forehead.

I scoff and shove him off of me, getting up on shaky legs. Still shook from what just happened. The frightening part of it all was that I wasn't dreaming. I was fully awake when it happened. I was eating right, getting enough sleep. This wasn't a coincidence.

"Keylin I'm sorry, I'm only trying to help." Malakei sighs as he too gets up, reaching out for my arm. I flinch away from his hand and turn to him.

"I'm not sick." I clarify firmly.

"I never said you were." He confirms before his eyes catch on the people around him whispering. He narrows his eyes at them before looking back at me seriously.

"Let's go somewhere else."

-

I lay on my small makeshift bed I created with pillows and blankets back when I first arrived in the Dry Lands. Now having grown and noticing that Bow hasn't changed anything in his room since I left.

I sit on the ground with my head resting against the wall, my knees as close to my chest as possible while my forearms rest over them lazily.

Bow insisted I take his bed after finding out from Malakei what happened at the barricade with me today. Knowing that practically lying on the floor wasn't going to help me, I didn't tell them anything because I didn't know myself what had happened but I knew with a gut feeling that it would happen again.

After Malakei left unwillingly, Bow continued to ask me what had happened and even went as far as to coax me with food but I didn't give in, only shook me head and eventually, Bow left me alone. Knowing that was all I wanted. To be alone.

I don't know how long I have been up here, my head and body in the same position as I look up at the small crack just above the door.

I jumped slightly when the door creaked open but immediately brought my hand up to my face tiredly. Knowing Bow was back to pester me into opening up to him again and I didn't want to deal with him right now.

"I don't want food." I grumble out before lifting my hand up to my forehead, a headache having set there not too long ago.

My eyes widen however when I look up and notice Raen at the door looking in at me with a wide eyed look. Biting his lip as he contemplates on coming in or leaving. He stays where he is and clears his throat as he looks in at me. I blink in surprise and sit up further against the wall.