X

The celebrations were huge when we walked around the corner to the small party that was being held in the square. There was men and women with instruments in one corner of the event while food and drink was in the other. Bright lights were hung around the trees including lanterns to light up the pathway to the celebrations. It was really beautiful to look at. There was already a few people dancing and talking amongst friends as we arrived. Corrin and François were the first to spot us and immediately came over chatting to Malakei, Bow and Tara while my eyes drifted to the side, hoping to spot a particular someone.

A large hand coming down on my back made me jump slightly and I turned to Francois who at this point of the night, looked very happy as he nudged his drink at me. My nose wrinkled at the stench of alcohol.

"I'll tell you one thing snake." He began huskily. "Dry Landers know how to throw a party."

"You're drunk."

"I beg your pardon, I'm only tipsy." He looked slightly offended as he put his hand on his side to look down at me, spilling the remainder of his drink as he does so and I try not to burst into laughter. Biting my lip to keep my composure. He moves forward to whisper in my ear although I wouldn't so much as put it on the same level as a whisper.

"If you're looking for a drink, the punch is grape."

"I'll keep that in mind, thanks." I smirk at him and he salutes me before stumbling off to socialise with a group of pirates. I shake my head in confusion at him.

My eyes drift to the side however when I notice a familiar body. The small smile that had made its way onto my face from François' encounter-had dropped and I felt my heart break at the sight before me.

Raen.

It wasn't that he was talking to another girl that made me feel like this, I didn't care who he talked to, but the fact that his body was so close to her's, a small smile on his lips as he leaned in to whisper something into the girl's ear, pushing back her long brunette hair in doing so causing the girl to throw her head back in laughter. I didn't realise I was staring daggers at her until a body had stopped beside me.

"Jesus..." Malakei whispered in shock from beside me, holding a drink in his hands as he watches Raen and the girl unfold before him.

"I didn't think he would move on so easily from you. I'm sorry Keylin."

Malakei turned his head to me and frowned in sympathy but I didn't take my eyes off of the two. They hadn't noticed me but Raen seemed to be having a great time as his hand ran up the girl's arm and he was leaning down-

I took Malakei's drink out of his hand and chugged it back. The burning taste of alcohol hitting my throat but I swallowed it down nonetheless. Pushing it into Malakei's chest when I was finished. Malakei looked at me gobsmacked and I couldn't help but chuckle at his expression. The funny taste of the drink still on my lips as I step backwards, eyes on Malakei with a knowing smirk before patting him on the shoulder.

"Let's have fun tonight."

Malakei frowned in uncertainty for a moment but that frown was quickly replaced by a beaming smile of excitement as a toothy grin made its way onto his face.

"Fuck yes!"

It was much later.