XXV

"What do you mean you're leaving?!"

"I'm leaving." Vixen rolls her eyes as she states the obvious. I close my mouth and give her an unimpressed look.

Vixen was currently packing up her things, not that she had many. She was only here for probably two weeks and now she was leaving. There was some stuff she needed to sort out. We needed her help as much as we needed her here. The witch was already beginning to grow on us and it was too soon to see her go.

"You'll be fine pumpkin." She eventually sighs, taking me out of my nervous daze. She looks up at me as she comes closer with her suitcase before dropping it at Corrin's feet.

"Ow!" He exclaims and Vixen scoffs, mumbling something about him being a 'baby' before looking up at me with an assuring smile. She places her hands either side of my cheeks as some emotion hits her when she realises that this will be most likely the last time that we will see each other. I frown down at her sadly.

"Don't go. Please stay just a little longer." I bring my voice to pleading now but she only pats my cheek chuckling.

"I can't stay anymore Keylin, you know that. Don't worry, we will see each other again." She states before bringing her hands down away from my face and taking the suitcase from beside Corrin. She smiles at him and begins her journey to the entrance of her tent.

"When?" I question her just before she leaves the tent and our lives for good. She stops however and turns around as if thinking about it. When her eyes light up and a mischievous smile forms on her face, she turns to me and smiles softly.

"The wedding."

I frown in confusion at that and I'm about to ask her what wedding but she turns and disappears, literally.

"Well, She was always one to make an exit." Corrin chuckles and I roll my eyes, shoving him to the side slightly and he smiles over at me, chuckling.

"I wonder what she meant by wedding. Who's wedding?" I wonder with a frown as Corrin and I leave the tent. Corrin turns to me and smiles.

"Could be anyone's, even yours." He says quietly and I stop and turn to raise a brow at him. Sending him a look as if he were crazy.

"You're crazy if you think I'm getting married."

"God's Ok! Don't attack me I was just joking." Corrin chuckles as he slings an arm around my shoulder as we continue to walk. I let out a sigh as a small smile begins to form back on my lips. It felt just like old times with Corrin. I was happy he was here, even though we didn't see each other most of the time because Corrin was actually helping out the Dry Landers with cooking during meals. He was always a great cook and even though I'm sad I don't always get to see him, I'm glad he gets to do what he loves here, there's a place here for him.

Of course it took a lot of convincing on both mine and Bow's end for the elf to stay here. The only reason Corrin is alive right now is probably down to Bow smoothing things over with father. Bow and Corrin have put aside their differences for me and are now civil at least. I wouldn't ask for anything more.

"When do you start work?" I ask curiously, turning to him.

"I still have another two hours before I have to prepare lunch. I'm making the bread this time."

Corrin muses before scrunching his face at the thought of making bread. I chuckle. Making bread was Corrin's least favourite of cooking. He loved making soups and cutting vegetables, even de-feathering a bird but overall despised making bread. The dough never comes out right for him and I remember watching him when he was with his mother back in the High Peaks in their kitchen when I was probably 10 years old. She would scold him for burning the bread and ever since then, he insists that the damn thing was out to get him.