XI

Warning: mild smut

I awoke to blinding sunlight pouring down onto my face. I scrunched my face up in pain when a rather gruesome migraine hit and I had to hold back the whimper. I managed to open my eyes after several minutes of adjusting to the light but when I opened them I wished I hadn't.

My eyes widened as I realised I was in Raen's tent. The scariest thing was I had no memory of how I got here in the first place. I remember drinking and oh Gods, why did I drink again?

Just like a switch, memories started flooding back of the party and I shifted to sit up.

I let out a gasp when I looked down to find I was almost naked, with nothing but a piece of cloth hugging my private parts. My heart beat increased as I looked behind me, seeing a sleeping Raen who was also shirtless. My eyes were wide like saucers as I frantically tried to remember what happened last night.

We didn't go all the way did we? Oh Gods.

I shakily looked for my clothes. My trousers was lounging on the large chest at the end of the bed next to his clothes on the ground and I quickly but quietly put it on. Not making a sound in case of waking Raen. I'm putting on my socks and shoes before walking over and picking up my shirt off of the ground. My face crumbling as I buttoned it up lazily.

I could hear Raen shift around in the bed and I looked back at him with mixed emotions as he snuggled into my pillow, or what he presumed was me. My heart broke at the sight and I turned away biting my lip.

I remember he was drinking and talking to the girls. He was most likely drunk but not to the extreme where he would forget most of the night, I hoped. I wasn't sticking around to find out.

I couldn't be here anymore. I was going to get sick.

I ran out of the tent, running as far as I could go when the sudden urge to puke overpowered me before standing to the side and puking violently. Whether it was of the thoughts of Raen or the effects of the alcohol from last night I didn't know. Both had a dominant feeling of anxiety.

When I was finished, I wiped my mouth and fell to my knees, shaking with fear and regret. I didn't know what to do. All I know was that I couldn't face him. I didn't know if I could look at him the same way anymore. I mean, the intimate position I woke up to didn't soften my accusing thoughts of Raen.

Oh Gods, why do I always get into these situations? This is the cherry on the pie.

I quickly ran away, past Raen's tent and I kept running, my mind racing and I found myself at the weaponry stable. I made sure no one was looking as I stole the weapon that made me feel closer to sanity and stalked out of the stable, heading for the barricade.

I didn't know what to do but in situations where I was close to breaking down I remembered Malakei's words like they were engraved into my mind.

Breath.

Grab a weapon.

Go training.

And that's what I did.

It was a few hours later of shooting arrows at the dummy target I had made that my head began to clear and the guilt of what happened began to fade away. I wasn't going to result to alcohol-seeing as that was what got me into this mess in the first place. So I resulted to shooting arrows at the makeshift target. Letting the tears fall for the first half of the time before coming to a state of numbness in the second. Coming to the realisation that I was, most likely taken advantage of by the man I loved.