XII

"When is your birthday?"

"December 2nd."

"That is when you will turn 18?"

"Yes."

"Why does the pirate call you snake?"

"I didn't realise we were playing twenty questions." I chuckle as I button up my new pants. Seeing as my previous ones were wet, sticky and just downright disgusting. I needed to wear something else and Raen offered to give me clothes of his that were too small for him. His trousers that he gave me was falling down on me to say the least I needed to double tie the strings.

"Please answer."

I look up just in time to see him throw his head around the corner. Where he was changing on the other side of the pillar, now decent. Smirking as he takes the moment to check out my exposed body. It was a lot toner since the last time he probably saw it. Giving the training , I gained some muscle but it was nothing extreme and definitely nothing compared to him. His body was sculpted and he was beautiful. I gave him a confused smile before turning around to grab his shirt on the bed. Of course I didn't need to change my shirt but Raen insisted.

"Is it a nickname?" Raen pries and I let out a sigh as I throw on the shirt, turning to the buttons.

"Uhm, I guess so. Sometimes they say it to annoy me but they mean well. I hope. I don't know. I don't really think about it, why the sudden concern?" I turn around and watch him as he folds his arms across his chest, leaning against the pillar as he watches me with curiosity.

"Didn't you say once that the elves would call you snake?"

"That was different." I clench my teeth as I turn my body around to him, buttoning up the button over my chest. The sleeves were swimming on me.

"No it's not." Raen insists and he pushes off the pillar to come in front of me, hooking his finger under my chin to tilt my head up to look at him. Making me give him my full attention. I let out a sigh.

"It's because of my eyes. I was teased for it then and I'm teased for it now. I've grown to accept them and not let people's words get to me but if they want to compare me to a snake I don't care." I shrug and Raen frowns down at me, shaking his head. I form a lopsided grin on my lips and shove his chest, making him stumble back slightly.

"Besides.." I continue. "It makes me feel dangerous I guess."

He chuckles but moves closer to me, taking up the position he was in before I pushed him away. He smiles down at me.

"Your eyes are beautiful Keylin. I'm not just saying that because they're Dry Lander eyes. I'm saying it because I love you. All of you, including your eyes. In fact, they are my favourite part of you.." His hand comes up to caress my cheeks and they redden under his intense gaze.

"If anyone thinks differently or makes you feel lowly of yourself, I'll fight them."

"You'd have to fight a lot of people." I whisper with a small smile. Raen heard this and moves closer to me so that his lips were only centimetres from mine, eyes soft.

"Then I would do it, if it means that you get to show me your beautiful dimples, I'd do it."

"Psycho." I state but can't keep the grin spreading on my lips, dimples poking out and Raen smiles in triumph before moving to the side of my face and kissing both of my dimples. I chuckle as I push him away but his hands come over my shirt as he undos my chest button, exposing my collarbone.

"Did I ever tell you that I like you in my clothes?" He whispers against my cheek.

I scoff at that and grab his hands on the exposed buttons.