XXIII

"So, how have you been Keylin?"

Vixen questioned brightly as she opened her notebook and pen, crossing her legs where she sat on the chair and I narrowed my eyes at her before leaning forward with my elbows on my knees, facing her. She eyed me before writing something down in her notebook and I frowned in confusion.

"What are you writing?"

"Have you been sleeping properly?"

"I-"

"How about food hmm? Any good appetite lately-"

"-No-"

"Interesting.." Vixen looks up at me through her fake glasses and writes something down. I let out a sigh and get up from my seat. Vixen whines in protest.

"Hey come on! I'm just trying to help!"

"Yeah well you're not, I didn't even want to come here anyways." It was Malakei that insisted I come here and talk to Vixen. Thinking that maybe she could help me with my appetite and sleep. Or maybe even make me fall out of love with Raen as it was nothing but stress and heartbreak.

Vixen sighs and closes the notebook and pen, setting them down on the table beside her chair and reaching up to take off her glasses.

"Why don't we talk about something else yeah? Something more...beneficial?"

"Thank you." I sigh out as I cross my arms over my stomach. Vixen smiles at me softly.

"What did Max Sarcovnia say to you?"

"W-What?" I stutter out as my eyes fly over to her curious ones, blinking in shock. I furrow my brows after a moment and bring one hand up to scratch my temple.

"Don't you know already? I mean, you knew where I was when you found me..."

She sighs at this and gets up from her chair.

"Yes, I knew where you were because I saw it. The same way I saw you talking to Max but that's all. I only saw, I don't have large elf ears like you." She states pointedly and I subconsciously flatten my ears against my head.

"Did he tell you he was a prince?"

"Yes." I clear my throat. "Why do you want to know what we talked about anyways?"

She rubs her hands over her forehead in frustration before muttering something up to the ceiling. I frown at this and go to look up but she turns her attention back to me.

"I think it can help us. He might have given something away to you that he wouldn't to any other person. He must have known you were going to die so he was going to tell you anyways. Maybe he would have killed you himself once he got what he wanted-"

"Everything he said to me was true. He told me he didn't like me lying so I think he could have a thing against it. Maybe he didn't lie to me? It's a start I guess."

"Interesting." Vixen muses before reaching for her notepad and pen again. "Can you remember anything else? Something he said that may have confused you?"

"I want the boy that has caused whispering among my people. I want the boy that threatens to bring an end to my war. The boy that is so much like me, he doesn't even know it."

Max whispers before leaning back now, his eyes never leaving mine and the intensity is too much I close them.

"I want the boy with the mark of a powerful Trainor. He belongs to me."