XVI

Ever since I woke up with my hearing gone in that medical tent, I've been feeling different.

I can't describe it but it's close to feeling like a pull of something. Like I'm a magnet pulling things to me or maybe I'm the electrical field. Somethings different and I can't place what it is.

Baja has not been the same since she too came back to life. Unfortunately it's for the worst. The others may not see it but I do. I feel it. It's like there's something around us. Like a bubble or even a band-aid. Holding us together. I can feel our bond but it's weak. Weaker than it ever was before and being away from each other is putting a strain on it. That's why I knew it was wise to bring Baja with me even if I was just within walking distance away.

I walked through the tent and Baja immediately stood on end as she got to her feet from where she was lounging on my bed. She continued to stare at me as if I were a stranger to her and not someone she was bound to. That was another thing, it's as if she can't part with her naturally wild side. She's caught between two flames. Our connection...she knows herself that it's not natural.

I let out a sigh at this and went to sit down on the couch facing her. She copied me and sat down on the bed, eyes never leaving me.

"We're staying with Raen tonight." I inform her making her ears twitch at my voice. I get up from the couch and begin to go over to her when she suddenly looks up and wails at me loudly. I flinch and my hands fly up to cover my ears.

When she stops wailing she hisses once at me and licks her paw. I frown down at her, eyes unsure whether they should hold anger or sadness but I settled on determination as I slammed my fist down on the bed beside her paw. She immediately screeches close to my face and I let her, my eyes narrowing.

"What is wrong with you?!" I scream at her and she stops hissing. Once in a while showing her canines but that was it. I was fuming with her and I definitely wasn't done. This needed to stop.

"It's like you've suddenly turned on me! What happened to us? We used to be so close and now it's like you don't even know me anymore. As if I'm nothing to you!" My voice booms throughout the tent and her eyes watch me studyingly.

"I've had enough of this Baja. I'm not standing it any longer. I am your Trainor and you will fucking listen to me and show me respect!"

I exclaim as I bring my hand down hard on the bed, not realising it was Baja's paw I was hitting and it was like a light switch was turned on when we touched. I felt something warm being wrapped around me whilst I looked into Baja's glowing purple eyes.

After a moment of looking at each other, the glow faded from her eyes making them turn back to their normal wild greens and she immediately leapt forward onto me, tackling me onto the ground and in no time she was licking my face and nuzzling into my neck, making me giggle.

I don't know what I did but I got her back. I got my Baja back and I didn't feel the void between us anymore. The bubble was still there but we filled it together, as if we were in our own world protected. Stronger.

'Trainor is different now. Trainor has changed.'

I turn my head to look down at Baja walking beside me, her head tilted upwards looking at me while we walked the dark night to Raen's tent.

"In what way?"

'Trainor learned control.'

Baja bows her head slightly and I look down at her in confusion but she only turns her head to look forward.

Control. Control of what? Myself?

I frown when Raen comes to mind but shake the thought away and bring my hand down to rub Baja's ear, causing her to purr and shift closer to me.