XIII

"Help, someone!"

Raen screamed out as he entered the medical tent, a lifeless Keylin in his arms which were now quickly coating with a dark red substance coming from Keylin's ears and nose, pooling around Raen's forearms. The blood didn't stop flowing from his nose and ears and if Raen wasn't panicked enough this would really concern him.

"Help!" Raen screamed again, directing his anger at the shell shocked nurses who stood in shock and fright of what to do. They have never come across something as serious as this in all their lives of being trained to treat the wounded. No stab wound could ever match this.

Lucien quickly moved forward to a frantic and wide eyed Raen, immediately checking Keylin for a pulse. He couldn't say he wasn't shaken up by the sudden entrance and the fact that Lucien knew Keylin, didn't settle his nerves as he looked for any sign of life in the young boy.

"Low pulse. He needs immediate attention."

Lucien states seriously. Now was not the time to ask what had happened to his friend. He needed to get this boy seen to and quickly before they lost him. He turned to one of the nurses behind him, giving her instructions to what he wants done and the nurse nods stiffly. She was only young herself as she motioned for Raen to place him on the trolley bed.

Raen did so but refused to leave Keylin's side. Looking down at him, he was a mess. Tears were spilling freely down Raen's face and there was some flickers of blood decorating his cheeks, they weren't near to as much blood Keylin was coated in. He was quickly soaking the trolley bed as blood flowed out of his ears.

"He..He keeps bleeding!" Raen shakily exclaims as his hands cup over his ears but finds it useless. He couldn't stop the flow and clotting wasn't an option. He was useless right now.

Nurses assured him out of the way so they could work on Keylin immediately, connecting him to tubes and injecting him with medicine they hoped would heal him.

Raen stood a few feet from the bed as he watched on helplessly. Keylin's increasingly pale face becoming concerning but before he could say anything that might benefit the nurses, Malakei and Tara came in. Carrying a dead and bloody panther in their arms.

"Someone please!" Malakei screamed through tears, his eyes looking around him frantically. Face paling to a ghostly white when he laid eyes upon Keylin- a bloody and lifeless mess on the trolley bed.

It was by chance that Raen ran into Malakei and Tara as he hurriedly rushed with Keylin in his arms to the only place he could think of that might help him or with luck, bring him back. Malakei had a look on his face as if he knew exactly what had happened. His only words coming out was "where is Baja."

"She's not breathing." Tara tells Lucien in panic ahead of a crying Malakei. Clutching the panther close to him and trying to hold onto whatever was left as he looks in horror at Keylin who was now being resuscitated by nurses, the last resort.

"Do something!" Malakei screams at a shocked Lucien who was trying to put it as lightly in his head, a way to tell them that the animal was long gone and there was nothing he could do.

For Raen, everything seemed to move in slow motion after that. A whistling could be heard. Small at first but grew with time and a loud breeze blew through the material of the medical tent covering the entrance before a figure stepped in. A woman stepped in.

Raen didn't recognise the woman and neither did the others but little did they know that this woman was the sole reason that everything was falling apart.