Chapter Five

The handsome prince laughed! He actually laughed! A rich deep sound that resonated through the pores in my skin and brought on goose bumps. His perfect white teeth shone brightly on his handsome face. I didn't know what to expect but his reaction wasn't what I was expecting. I was at a loss for words. What prompted me to do that was beyond my comprehension.

Tania, are you okay? This is the prince of the Republic, regardless of whatever reasons he is not the heir to the throne. He still could have you arrested! And then he surprised me again.

"Why do you want to marry now?"

Duh! Because you are a prince and because I need to get high up on the political ladder to fight against the idiotic rules your family makes?

"Well, I have realized that, I need some sort of security." I said instead.

"And why do you think you can blackmail me into marrying you?"

"I don't think, Prince Ovian, I know." Shrugging my shoulders in false bravado, I continued. "There are so many ways I can spin what happened that night. So many ways. Do you know there's a picture of you carrying me?" I smiled nervously.

Taylor had said he had been the one who lifted me into his car and drove straight to the hospital. And of course, there were no pictures. But he doesn't know that! Yet.

He grimaced and ran a hand through his rough black curls. He seems tired. He signaled to his brother and his brother nodded. Then he turned towards me, "I will get in touch with you." And walked away, towards the store's exit.

"There you are!" Taylor exclaimed as she rounded the corner of the isle. "I have practically bought the whole store! If it was possible for someone to be drunk from shopping, I think I qualify."

Laughing, I took the almost full cart from her and proceeded to the payment section. "I think we have bought enough Taylor. Imagine, we don't even need most of these stuff!'

"Tania Gregory, don't you dare take anything out of that cart!" She said heatedly.

I laughed at her again. Well, if all things went as planned, we won't be in need ever again!

Two hours later and after dinner, Taylor declared, "I am so full I think I'm going to pass out!" I laughed and got up to clear the plates and proceeded to load them into the kitchen sink. Then the doorbell rang.

"I will get it," a disgrundging Taylor said as she pulled herself out of the chair.

"Ah, Tania? I think you have a visitor!" She said in singsong voice. I reached for a towel, cleaned my hands and walked towards our living area and I came to a stop.

A few steps from the door stood Prince Ovian. He is looking so handsome, with his legs standing apart and his broad, broad shoulders broader than ever. A lock of his hair had fallen onto his forehead and made him look so handsome. Then I noticed his eyes were roving over my body and had stayed on my legs. I was wearing a pair of black shorts that just about covered my derriere and a white tank top.

Taylor cleared her throat just then and decided to leave us alone. As she walked past me, she whispered, "I will be in my room, holler if you need me."

"How did you know exactly where I live?" I asked standing akimbo.

"I have my ways." He said as he looked around.

"Like what you see?"

His gaze came back to me, and went from my head to my feet, then back to my face. "Yes."

I could feel the heat beginning from the base of my spine up to my cheeks. "I didn't mean... I mean... I meant my house." Damn! I am a blabbing idiot!