Chapter Thirty-four

"I like this place! It's perfect! And it is large enough. Well done, Antonia. I knew I could count on you." I beamed at her. We were standing in the huge ballroom of the Ritz Williamson Hotel. The marble floors shone brightly and the huge windows were painted in gold. It had a large stage for musicians. Huge lighted chandeliers hung low from the ceiling and oil paintings in gold frames lined the walls. The place was breathtaking.

Antonia laughed. "I'm glad you approve. Getting this place took a lot."

I nodded my head in agreement. "I can imagine. What about the tickets?"

"They will be ready by tomorrow. And will be distributed immediately to the various outlets for sale."

"That means our adverts will begin airing tomorrow too?"

"Yes, Princess Tania."

Just then my phone rings. It was Ovian.

"Please, excuse me. Hi." I said into the speaker.

"Baby, how is the place?"

"Oh, it's perfect!"

"Good. Because I was about to tell my assistant to join in the search."

I laughed. "That's nice of you. Thanks. But I love this place that Antonia got. You should see it. It's the Ritz Williamson."

"Okay. I'm heading to you now." And he hung up.

About 10 minutes later, Ovian pulled into the front of the place and we went exploring together.

The place was indeed perfect for the ball. For one, it could hold 2,000 people. And we could set up bars in the four corners of the hall. The invited musicians will perform on the stage. I could see the place bright with different coloured lightings.

Ovian was talking into the phone beside me in hushed tones. I tried eavesdropping but I couldn't make out what he was saying.

It's been three weeks and I don't know how far he has gone with his findings. Even Lord Gringham hasn't contacted us about anything. And time was of the essence. In another three weeks, Lahran will be crowned king and we have no shred of evidence yet.

Just last week, His father had been buried ceremoniously. Kings from other kingdoms had come to grace the occasion and also use the opportunity to meet Lahran who was the next in line.

Ovian cut his call and turned to me. "That was Lord Gringham. He hasn't been able to find any proof. And since he couldn't find anything, he can't tell his colleagues what he suspects. He says it's possible they may have an ear or ears within the council. As for the Queen's boyfriend, he's nowhere to be found."

"Oh Ovian! What about your own sources?"

"I have come up with nothing Tania. Absolutely nothing! I can't even find Alex." He exclaimed in frustration.

I reached for his arm and squeeze it gently. "We will find a way Ovian. Just keep looking. We will find something. Lahran likes to think he can get away with stuffs like this, and such confidence can make him sloppy. Please, don't be discouraged."

He looked down at me. "One thing I am glad for is that you are here with me." He smiled and kissed my forehead. "Let's go find something to eat."

I smiled. "Okay."

We were seated in a nice restaurant about to order when I cringe at a sudden squeal from a baby. He was flailing his arms and his mother was doing her best to shut him up so as not to disturb other customers.

She was failing terribly at it because the baby's screams became louder. Soon the manager came to tell the woman to leave. And I knew that he was doing that majorly because of us.