Chapter Twenty-three

Please🙏🙏🙏🙏 vote!

Enjoy!

Lahran came through on his promise because by the time I woke up later, I found several messages on my phone. They were several contacts of people who he knows will be interested in my cause. He also said in his messages, that he has spoken to some of them to sort of wet the ground so when I call, I will get by smoothly. Smiling, I check the time, 7pm. I had slept for at least three hours. I sighed and got up to go to the bathroom. That was when I noticed a beautiful bouquet of white roses sitting on my dresser. They were so beautiful, I checked the card to find out who had sent it.

Beautiful,
"Stay strong. Good things are coming your way."

Lahran.

Smiling, I took my phone and call his number.

His voice came over the speaker, "You are awake." He asked.

"Yes, and I am better. Thank you for the flowers."

"I just wanted to make you feel better."

"I know. That's why I appreciate it very much. And I also got your messages. I can't thank you enough."

"My pleasure, Princess. Have you eaten?" He asks.

Come to think of it, I don't remember taking anything since last night. "No, I haven't."

"That is no good Princess."

"I know, I just didn't remember."

"I understand. How would you like to eat out?" He asked.

"Yes, that would be refreshing."

"Good. I will come collect you in twenty minutes."

"I will be ready." I cut the call and walk into my closet to find something to wear. Because it's been so long I wore something short, I decided on an off white short sequence dress. It was a bit loose fitting and stopped just above my knees. It was demure enough for a princess to wear. I took out one of my favourite, feel good shoes, a royal blue stilettos.

I clasped a silver bracelet onto my wrist and silver earrings onto my ears. I packed my hair into a messy bun. And I proceeded to apply Makeup unto my face. I opted for a smoky eye effect and nude lipstick. I looked back at myself through the mirror, and liked what I saw.

I picked up my purse and my phone. I was heading out the main door, and texting Taylor about my whereabouts when Ovian stepped in through the door.

"Ovian," I greeted and continued on my way.

"Where are you going?" He asked his hard gaze running over my outfit.

"Dinner with your brother." I said, stepping through the door, and closing it behind me. I leaned against the closed door for a few seconds to recollect myself.

Lahran picked me up and we head out of the palace. It was the first time I was leaving the palace since my wedding. And as usual, the paparazzi followed. Lahran took me to a beautiful restaurant. The decor was cool and the atmosphere inviting. As we step out of his limousine, several reporters flashed their cameras and shouted questions at us.

Lahran's bodyguards shielded us, protectively leading us into the restaurant's entrance where the host was standing, waiting to meet us.

"Your majesties! This is a very pleasant surprise!" The short bald headed man gushed. "Please come this way." He led us to a table for two in a corner of the spacious place. We were well away from the windows but I knew that with the kind of cameras these paparazzis had, they could still take our pictures. As we made our way to our seats, several patrons stood up, greeting, "Your majesties."