Chapter Twenty-four (Ovian's POV)

This chapter is Ovian's POV. His feelings matter too and we should know what they are!😆 So here goes!

Enjoy

I feel like crap. I don't know what came over me to have allowed Alex stay in my study knowing exactly what she had come to do.

When I had told her that it was over between us, she had gone crazy. I have never seen her like that. She had begged and cried her heart out but I couldn't just agree. Although I felt sorry for her, I didn't budge. It was a case where I had to choose between Tania and Alex.

I chose Tania.

We may have met on less than palatable circumstances but there was something about her. The way she made me feel, her kindness, her resilience at changing her world. I am never bored with her. Even the simplest of stuff, is interesting. The only thing that had made me hesitate before, was because I had thought she used her body to get her way.

But our first night together, put that to rest and changed things for me. All of a sudden, I found myself wanting to protect her. I want to give her everything, everything she could need. I want to try as much as possible to erase the kind of life she had lived before. I wanted to be there for her.

But I've messed up. I look down at her, asleep in my arms. Her head was tucked in the crook of my neck, her breath tickling me. Gently, I disengaged from her and settled her back on the bed. She sighed and continued sleeping.

I check my wrist watch, 5am. I can't stay here, especially with the way things are. I am supposed to leave for Port Mador tomorrow for business but I could leave now. I reach for my phone and send a message to my driver to prepare to take me to the airport and to tell the captain to get the jet ready.

Quickly and quietly, I showered and dressed, packed a few clothes and items. When I finished, I went back to the bed and stood for a few minutes watching her sleep. I leaned down and kissed her lightly on her forehead. I will send her a text when I am on the plane, I thought, as I leave the apartment quietly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey boss! What's going on? I feel like I am drinking on my own here." Brandon shouted at me. We were in a very crowded bar on Mador. Mador was an island of ships. It was the busiest and largest port that served several neighboring kingdoms. Taking over Hawthorne's shipping business had been very tasking but Brandon here had done a lot to make the transition bearable. Brandon had been the one managing the business when Hawthorne had been alive. So far he has been doing a great job. He had been a handsome man back in this days. Right now, we were at a bar, draining the busy day off with some drink.

There were many bars and restaurants on the harbour. And they were all always noisy and busy. Brandon touched my hand and nodded towards the entrance. I swallowed the rest of my drink and leave with him.

"So what's got you all worked up and moody, boss?" He asked as we stroll down the narrow streets towards the apartment which I use when I am on the Island. I didn't know how to answer because Brandon didn't know about my arrangement with Tania or about her past.

"Woman troubles." I murmured, tucking my hands into my trouser pockets.

"Oh. That problem. It's a usual occurrence for married men." He smiled.

"Only this time, it's all my fault." I grunted.

"What happened?"

"She caught me in a compromising position with my mistress." I said wincing, hearing myself say it, made me realise again how shameful it is. And how much it must hurt Tania. 

"Jeez! He said. "Is she leaving you?"

"No. But maybe if she left, it would have been better. She barely talks to me or even looks at me."

"But isn't it like normal for royalty to have a mistress or mistresses? I expect that she knew this before agreeing to marry you."

I smirked. "Yes, she knew. But after our wedding night, I decided to sort of make the marriage real, you know. I didn't want any barriers. And I promised to leave my mistress. I hurt her Brandon, and I feel so bad about it. I wish I could take it all back, you know."

"Don't worry too much about it. She will be fine. She just needs space and time to reflect and gradually forgive you. Seeing you two is so visual, it will take some time for her to come to terms with it. Don't hesitate to give her whatever she needs. Its just a matter of time." 

"How long?" I asked.

"For as long as it takes Boss." He said as he patted my back.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I ran a hand through my hair. I've stayed long enough, I thought. If I stay away too long, Tania may think I don't care. And that's why Lahran is taking advantage. Using this time to wedge us further apart. But going home doesn't appeal to me. We don't do anything together anymore. We even hardly exchange words. It drives me crazy seeing her and I can't talk, touch or make love to her. I miss her so much.

In the short time we have been together, I realize that I have come to love her. I love everything about her, her smile, her kind eyes, her ever churning mind. She's exactly the kind of woman I want.

I sighed as I packed up my things, ready to leave the island for home.

On the plane, I made up my mind. As soon as the plane lands, I will get her something she wouldn't be able to resist. Something in her favorite color, Pink. Then I will take her out to dinner. I will take her to a quiet place, just the two of us. Somewhere nice, so she can remember how we used to be. I will woo her until, hopefully, she comes around to forgiving me.