Chapter Twenty-eight

Monday dawned with me not getting any closer to getting the money. Ovian was back. He came in sometime in the night, took some change of clothes and left for his study, I think. That has been the routine. We didn't so much as exchange a good morning. And I knew that for the few days he will be around, he would live in his study. I sighed. This wasn't what I had bargained for. My life was over. There's no way I would be able to raise that money and Alex will release my identity.

This was all Ovian's fault. If only he had kept his mouth shut. I groaned. And Lahran's boldness was his fault too. If we weren't apart because of his mistress, Lahran won't have the guts to talk trash. I closed my eyes. I needed to talk to someone else I will burst. My assistant wasn't coming in today, I had given her the day off because last week had been very hectic for her.

I was dressing up in my jeans and tank, when Taylor came in. She knocked on my bedroom door, "Tania?"

"In here." I turned to face her.

"I didn't see you throughout yesterday. What's going on? Even Prince Lahran-"

I cringed. "Please, don't mention that name, I might throw up."

"What? Why?" She was surprised.

"Lahran said... Lahran is in love with me. He has asked me to annul my marriage to Ovian and marry him."

"What?" She shouted, her eyes wide.

"See why I said I may throw up?"

"My God! Lahran? I thought he was sensible?"

"Apparently not. Ovian had warned me about him but I didn't believe him."

"Why does it have to be you? And if you see the number of women who flock around him?"

"I know, right? You would expect that he would have his hands full. He said I should think about it."

"Are you going to tell Ovian?"

"What? And have him commit murder? No way. Let's just see how this goes."

"Where are you going?" She asked, looking at my bare stomach showing underneath the top.

"Nowhere, but I need to see Ovian and I won't go into that study of his. Apparently, that's where he lives now." I said, my face grim.

"Are you planning to seduce him?"

"If that's what it takes." I sighed. "I want to ask him for something and I don't want him thinking straight. So please, will you be a dear and go tell him, his lovely wife would like a word?" I asked sweetly, batting my lashes.

Taylor laughed. "You look like a goose!"

I threw my pillow at her as she ran out of the room laughing. I quickly checked myself once more time in the mirror before going to wait in the sitting area.

A few minutes later, Ovian walked through the door. There was something so sexy about men in white shirt and jeans. His face was unshaven and he looked tired. He watched me as I stood up to stand before him. His eyes roamed over my body, settled for few seconds on my exposed belly and back to my face, which had turned red. Who was being seduced here? "I am sorry I bothered you but you can understand why I couldn't come to the study."

He nodded.

"I need your help." I hesitated. "I need Twenty million dollars before noon tomorrow."

"Why?"

I rolled my eyes. "Do I need to tell you? Its for the foundation."

"I thought you had raised enough money during its launch?"