Chapter Thirty-Eight

Tania's POV

"Tania, you are queen now! You can't just get up and go out! Moreover, it's not safe."

"If I spend one more minute in this place, I will die!" I exclaimed as I pulled on my jeans.

"I understand how you feel, but you-"

"I forgave him Taylor! I forgave him! When I caught him with his mistress, I forgave him. Now, he actually believes that I could have been with Fairweather-"

"It's not that. He's angry that you didn't tell him."

"Angry! Fine, he can be angry. But I'm not going to stay cooped up in this place like I'm guilty waiting for his judgement."

It's been a few days after our coronation as King and Queen and also after the 'unveiling' of Tania Gregory. The media has been buzzing with so many speculations that some were bizzare.

The council had called on me and Ovian for explanations but as King, Ovian had rejected such call. The council had no power whatsoever to summon the king or queen. And so the whole kingdom was using only what Fairweather and Alex had cooked up.

Ovian on the other hand, had transferred me to the Queen's quarters. A place I never thought I would ever have reason to live in. And now Taylor was telling me he was angry.

I had wanted to apologise for not telling him and to explain that nothing had happened but he would not hear it. I haven't seen nor heard from him for four whole days!

The pictures of I and Fairweather were everywhere. The one where he had leaned down to inhale my fragrance had looked like he was kissing my neck and the way my hands rested on his chest made it look like I was enjoying it.

I sighed as I pulled on my flats, I knew they looked damning and being King, it was downright embarrassing for Ovian. And the news of me being fake wasn't helping either. The words whore and gold digger, had become synonymous with my name.

"Are you coming?" I asked Taylor. She sighed and grabbed her jacket. The weather had become cooler, which meant winter will soon be upon us.

We both made our way out towards where the cars were packed. As I looked around for Percy, Ovian's car rolled into the small parking lot. I ignored him just as Percy rounded the corner and began to walk towards us.

"Your grace-"

"Where do you think you are going?" Ovian growled.

I turned to look at him. "Finally, he speaks." I mocked. He was a sight for sore eyes. His white shirt was open at the neck, giving me a glimpse of the bulging muscles of his shoulders. I averted my gaze quickly and concentrated on my anger.

He came to stand in front of me. "I won't ask you again Tania."

"And I don't have to answer you!" I told him and turned to Percy. "Please get-"

"He will do no such thing!"

"I can't stay in this place anymore Ovian. I am tired!"

"Didn't you know that when you were having an affair with Fairweather-"

I struck his face. "Don't you dare!" I cried, as tears sprang to my eyes. "You know damn well I did no such thing!"

His eyes were blazing in anger, mine were glazed over with hurt, betrayal and tears. Was that what he thought? That I would have anything to do with Fairweather? How can he even think that? I blinked back the tears that were threatening to pour and turned to Percy, my mouth quivering, he looked at his King for permission. Ovian nodded in approval.