Chapter forty

Hi❤

Thank you for reading.😚 Please vote ⚠so I can be happy! 😢😩Thanks!

So this chapter is written is Ovian's point of view. I wanted to try out writing a man's POV, you know😉

Anyway, I will be expecting to know how I did from your comments!👇😊😎

Ovian's POV

That woman will be the death of me, I thought as I willed myself to calm down. Where did she go? I tried calling her line again but it wasn't going through. Just then Taylor's face came onto my screen.

"Yes? Have you heard from her?" They are best friends afterall. Girl code, girl power,  girl something?

"Yes, she just called me to tell you to meet her at the Anthony Matthews Children's park on East street."

"A children's park?" I asked in exasperation. "Did you tell her my whole security team has been looking for her?"

"She didn't allow me talk your grace."

"Did she say why?" I asked again still wondering why she would want to go to a park.

"No she did not your grace."

"Alright, heading there right away." I cut the call and told my driver to head towards the park. Then I sent a message to the head of my security team to stop the search, that she had been found.

Tania has got a whole lot of explaining to do.

Soon, we got to the park and I almost jumped out of the car. I walked towards where the security detail were pointing that she was.

She was sitting on an old wooden bench with her knees under her chin. For a moment, I felt sorry for her. Right there, I realised I had been so focused on the alleged affair than the truth. I had been quick to believe others than my wife. Someone who had forgiven me when the table had been turned.

I slowed down as I continued walking towards her. Suddenly, she looked up and saw me. She placed her legs back on the ground and put her feet back into her flats.

I reached her and sat down beside her on the bench. Immediately, I was surrounded with her smell, Jasmine. And I also realised I had missed her. She was wringing her hands in her laps. I reached out and wrapped my hand around them.

She looked up at me, as if searching or waiting for something. So I smiled in encouragement. And she beamed.

"I'm sorry." She whispered. "I am sorry about everything."

"I guess we are both sorry. I wish things could have played out better."

She smiled. "You mean, like if I had actually been a woman of noble birth?"

I laughed. "No, like we could go somewhere and live our lives the way we want."

She looked down at our hands. "Hmmm. I wish that too. But we both have great responsibilities here. You being king and me, not being Queen anymore."

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Ovian, I don't have to be Queen. I can continue to be your wife and do whatever I wanted."

"Who told you that?" I exclaimed. I took her hands in mine and turned her to face me, "Being queen exonerates you. As queen, whatever you did before you became queen or king, is written off. And I mean whatever. If you step down as Queen, then you will be charged with so many crimes that lawyers will not be able to help you out. You will end up in jail!"