Chapter Thirty-three

Tania's POV

"Ovian! Wait! Where are you going?" I asked him, trying to prevent him from leaving the apartment.

"I can't just sit down Tania after hearing what you just told me. They poisoned my father! If I don't do something now, he will die!"

"Don't you think if there was a cure, the doctors would have administered it to him? Ovian please, let's think this through! Moreover, you have no proof! If they so much as know that we know, we are as good as dead!" I cried. He began pacing the house, running a hand through his hair.

I had to tell him. I couldn't keep such a heavy secret to myself. After Ovian took me back to our rooms, with the excuse that I wasn't feeling well, I had kept quiet and feigned fatigue throughout the rest of the day. But during the night I couldn't sleep and I decided that when Ovian woke up, I would tell him.

I was still reeling from the shock of what I heard. They had plotted to kill the King and they are going to succeed. And Lahran wasn't even the King's son. All these years, they have been deceiving the whole kingdom.

Ovian was angry and I could feel his frustration especially as he couldn't do anything until he found proof.

"Do you think Lahran knows he's not the King's son?" I asked.

He thought for a moment, "I don't know. He was never really close to our... my father." He groaned at his error. "Maybe he doesn't know about all this. He may be a pun in it too."

Our conversation the first time we were in the Chapel floated into my mind, Look princess, I love you and I want you. You don't have to be afraid. I will be king soon. Very soon infact. "He knew," I said. "I remember him saying just last week in the Chapel, that he would be king very soon and a few days later your father had a heart attack."

Ovian cursed.

I walked to where he was standing in front of the window, his back to me. I touched his shoulder and he stiffened. "What are you going to do?"

He sighed. "I need proof." He turned around, "Do you have any idea who the man you think is his father is? Have you seen him anywhere before?"

I shook my head. "Ovian I am very sure that man is Lahran's father. Same eyes, same hair colour? Come on! And the Queen had said, 'our son'. I and Taylor had seen him before in the stables." Then I asked. "Didn't you ever notice that the Queen was sleeping around?"

"I never. She was always acting like my father was her world."

He looked so distraught, I slipped my arms around his middle. "It will be alright. Your father may die but he won't die in vain. We will expose them and they will pay for their crimes." I said vehemently.

He just nodded his head and hugged me back. There was a knock on the door. "Come in!" Ovian shouted, as I pulled away from him.

The palace valet, opened the door, bowed low before informing us that Ovian was needed in the King's quarters.

"Why?" He asked trepidation lacing his voice.

"I don't know my Prince. The Queen just asked that all family should gather in the King's quarters."

Ovian nodded and the valet left. I turned towards him. "Do you think they know?" I asked in fear. His eyes mirrored mine. He sighed. "I want you to stay here, if you hear anything-"

I shook my head. "No Ovian. We are in this together. I go wherever you go."

"Tania..."

"No," I repeated stubbornly. "We are both going."