Chapter Twenty-two

When I got back to my rooms the next morning, Ovian was waiting for me like I knew he would. And I was prepared to resist him. I refuse to be the gullible wife. No way! As soon as I got through the door, he stepped close to me. He was looking like someone who hadn't slept. His unshaven face, rough and tired.

"Baby, please, just let me explain." He said, his eyes pleading. He had been sending messages since early this morning but I was deleting them without reading. I wasn't interested in whatever explanations he had. I knew what I saw, nobody told me. The image was ingrained into my memory for the rest of my life.

"Ovian, there's no need to explain anything. I should be the one apologizing."

At his frown, I continued, "I shouldn't have berged in on you last night. I had no right to expect anything from you." He wanted to say something but I stopped him by raising my hand. "You have given me more than enough, so much I can't even begin to fathom yet. And I am so grateful. It was greedy of me to ask you to leave someone you love for me. After all, who am I?"

"Tania, you are my wife. And I don't love Alex!"

"I don't care, Ovian!" I snapped. "I don't give a damn about who you love or don't love." I closed my eyes so as to steady my voice. "From today, as your wife, I give you permission to do or sleep with whoever you so desire because this body is no longer yours."

"Tania, nothing happened. I had already told her we couldn't continue but she was so stubborn!"

I laughed scornfully. "That's rich Ovian. I may be small but I'm not stupid. She was naked Ovian! I know what my eyes saw!"

"Tania, I swear to you nothing happened. She was already naked when I got into my study-"

I folder my arms over my chest. "Tell me, did she take off your shirt too?"

"Tania-"

"Tell me!" I screamed at him. I lashed out at his chest and face, any part of him I could find. He didn't stop me, he just stood there like a stone. I was so mad, I wanted to scratch his eye balls out.

"I am sorry." He just kept repeating. I broke into tears again and fell towards the floor. He caught me in his arms but I twisted away from his grasp and move away from him. "Don't touch me with those filthy hands." I said through gritted teeth. "I mean it Ovian. Leave me alone!" I warned and left him standing there.

A few minutes later, I had showered and was packing some things into a bag when Ovian came into the room. "What are you doing?"

"I am going to the Hawthorne manor. I have a lot of work to do. And I am too distracted to do them from here. Moreover, I want to give you and your mistress some privacy." I smiled sweetly. "Feel free to bring her here and enjoy yourselves. Oh! of course, you have been bringing her in here."

I went into the closet and bring out more clothes, and shoes. I was dragging out another bag when he came close to me.

"You can't leave Tania." The expression on his face was grim.

"Why the hell not?" I ask defiantly.

He sighed. "The royal family does not or rather cannot live anywhere apart from the palace. It's against the law."

My heart clenched. "So I am going to be stuck here watching you and your-"

"That's over Tania."

"That's what you said the last time. Anyway, let's make one thing clear, if I am going to stay here with you, you will not touch me. We may be civil to each other and attend functions but don't expect anything more from me because frankly, I don't have anything to give."