Ch. 3

AN: Charles and Clair

Seeing Things
Ch. 3

Jane's P.O.V.

September was coming to a close and October was on its way. People at school were super excited and already talking about Halloween. The packs always had a giant Halloween party/get together thing. Most couples had already planned out couples costumes and were showing their friends pictures.

I've still been seeing dark spirits quite often maybe a little more but they all just stare. I don't know what they want and they never do anything so I haven't told uncle Ben.

Ethan has been a little distant lately but I think he's just trying to keep up with football. The boys had a home game tonight and their was supposed to be a huge party after. Ethan made sure that I was going and told me to meet him there.

Honestly if it wasn't for him I would probably just stay at home and watch Netflix all day. I was never one for big parties really.

The day went fast and I waited with Clair on my hip and Alexandra next to me for the game to start. The team ran out on the field and students and families cheered. This was a big game for us. It was tradition to make this game a shut out with us wining.

In the first quarter both teams seemed to be kind of stagnant. No one seemed to be really pushing. By the second half of the game the score was 7 to 0 us. Our team came out and looked like they really wanted to win. We had made three more touchdowns and one was because the quarterback fumbled after Lawrence sacked him. The team was doing really good until Oliver got blindsided and was knocked out.

Alexandra stayed with the twins as Ben and I ran down to the sidelines to check out Oliver. He was like my little brother and I've been at all of his games so this worried me. By the time I hopped the fence onto the field they had carried him off and he was laying on a stretcher knocked out. Benjamin told me to pull the car around to the field and tossed me the keys.

Running to the car I hopped in driving as close to the gate as possible. I opened the back door pulling a sweaty Oliver into the backseat with me. Ben got in the front and we drove to the hospital. After he was admitted within five minutes he was waking up. The doctor did some test he just had a mild concussion and would need to rest for two or three days. We checked Oliver out after they gave him pain meds for the headaches.

We drove home and I dropped Ben and Oliver off going to get Alex and the rest of the kids.

Getting back to school the game had just ended. It was a shut out and we won 35 to 0. I pulled up and Alex came with a worried look.

"He's fine. It's a mild concussion and he's on some pain meds for the headaches."

"Oh thank the lord my babies okay." She said pulling the twins closer to her.

Lawrence was the last to walk out of the locker room with coach by his side and they both looked nervous.

"He's fine. He can start practicing again in two to three days." I repeated to them.

They both let out a sigh of relief and I took the four home.

"Jane I still want you to go to that party. Oliver is okay and you need to release a little you've looked worried or stressed lately dear." Alex said before I could walk in Oliver's room.

I nodded not wanting to argue. I took a shower and blew dry my hair. With a little mascara and a little swipe of eyeliner, I went to get my clothes on. I put on an oversized knitted sweater with a bralette. I pulled on my black overalls and my chuck Taylor's. More comfy than sexy. I was ready to go to this party that I wasn't sure I really wanted to go to.

By the time I got to the house cars were parked everywhere and the party was in full swing. Walking past the drunk girl in the front yard already throwing up I made my way into the house. In the kitchen I grabbed a beer and only drank a little. I saw some people that hung out with Ethan. I made my way over.

"Have you guys seen Ethan?" I yelled over the music.

"I think he was going upstairs to take a piss!" One guy yelled back.

Thanking him I finished the beer only feeling like I drank water. I walked up the stairs in hopes to find my boyfriend to distract my thoughts tonight. Getting to the top of the stairs I saw a couple making out. Walking passed them I pushed some doors open to see if I could find a bathroom or my boyfriend. No one or nothing were in the first three rooms. I walked down continually opening doors.

At the second to last door in the hall I opened it to find my boyfriend.

More like ex boyfriend at this point.

"Ethan ohhh! Your so big!"

"Fuck it's like your tighter every time Sophia!"

"Oh Ethan don't stop!" We're the things they were saying but the only thing I heard was when Ethan said 'every time'.

"So how many times Ethan?" I asked feeling liked I could kill both of them. Ethan stopped but never pulled out of Sophia. He looked at me with a blank stare.

"More than ten right Sophia?" He asked her.

"Well from the start of September and off and on through the summer so definitely over ten." She said like it was nothing at all.

"And this is why I never wanted to have sex with you Ethan. Because your not my mate. My mate wouldn't tell me he loves me and cheat on me for several months. We were never getting married. I was never your Luna." I spoke threateningly knowing I always made the right choice.

"Fuck Jane I killed your little pathetic MATE! I TOLD YOU BUT YOU NEVER KNEW BECAUSE YOU COULD NEVER SHIFT SO YOU NEVER KNEW HIM!" Ethan screamed like I was some idiot. "YOUR FUCKING MATES DEAD AND NOW YOU HAVE NO ONE BECAUSE WE NEVER FUCKED!"

Before I knew it my fist was pulled back and I punched Sophia straight in the temple knocking her out. I shocked Ethan when I pinned him on the wall by his neck.

"Well I hope you killed your mate too because no one deserves such a worthless piece of shit like you." As venom dripped from my words I turned around and stormed out. I grabbed two full bottles of alcohol on the way to my car.

The tears had not started falling yet so I knew I could drive home. Once home I climbed into the backyard and started drinking. That moment is when everything hit me.

The person I thought I loved cheated on me because I didn't have sex with him. I was worth nothing to him if I didn't let him use me. The crazy man I showered with affection killed my mate so I could only go to him. All I could do was cry. After the first bottle was empty just like how I felt, the tears started to subside.

That night I fell asleep hammered on the porch swing in the backyard.

*
Poor Jane man. She's nothing but a great person I don't understand.

This is her super cute and stylish outfit! I aspire to be Jane man

Thanks for reading honey buns!
Please comment and vote 💛