Ch. 19

Seeing Things
Ch. 19

Jane's P.O.V.

After stuffing my face with food for a solid five minutes I almost started to eat like a civilized person. ALMOST. I still got some weird stares because people think I look weird shoveling food in my mouth I guess.

I picked up my plate once I was done. I picked up Nates as he was finished as well. He offered me a kind thank you and I took the plates to Heather.

"Heather, why didn't you tell me your grandson was Nate?"

She turned around from the sink with wide eyes but a smirk.

"I don't know what your talking about dear." She chuckled taking the plates.

"Nate told me today. We were talking about our families and he said I would have had to see you because you help wash dishes."

She let out a huff and rolled her eyes with a soft smile.

"You caught me. Nate's my grandson."

"Why did you try setting me up with him?" I laughed.

"You're just so beautiful and I know you're strong plus you're very sweet and kind. You just seemed all around like a good person. I want my grandson with a girl like you. Not one of those snotty girls who all dress the same and try to impress Alpha Ian. Their sickening to look at dear." She dried off her hand touching my cheek softly while talking about me.

I smiled at the woman enjoying her company.

"Well thank you Heather it means a lot that you approve of me for Nate but I'm sure he has his mate out there to wait for. Maybe she'll be even better than me."

"Oh stop lying dear your my favorite and always will be. His mate will just have to suck it up."

I laughed at her shaking my head walking back into the cleared out dinning room.

William and Nate stood together by the door. They were talking till I walked in.

"Hello Alpha. You wanted to speak to us?" I spoke while standing next to Nate.

With William being all bipolar and what not I try to keep things professional. I mean professional as I can be while still wanting to grab his face and smash our lips together.

What? He's hot! I just don't try to impress him.

"Yes, tomorrow morning I want you guys training. You don't have to run just work hand to hand combat and actually fight." His deep voice rough and smooth all at the same time.

He looked over to Nate who nodded his head.

"Don't take it easy on her. Push her and make her work to try and beat you."

With that he started walking out of the room.

"Come on man! It's like one or two days a week I get off. I thought I was gonna get to shave my legs and everything." I quietly whined to Nate.

"Your big plans were shaving?" He asked curiously.

"Yeah these suckers take time!" I said kicking out my leg and trying to run my hand over it at the same time.

I started to lose balance with the odd motion. As I was falling Nate caught me and pulled me close.

Laughing together at the weird person I am he stood me straight up looking at me with his big smile.

"I'll see you tomorrow morning at 9."

With that Nate shook his head still laughing at me as he walked to his room.

"I can feeeeeeel the love!"

Startled by the new voice I turned. Heather was standing in the doorway of the kitchen with a smirk on her face.

"Think what you would like!"

I then walked up the stairs to my room. Before I got to the door I could feel someone walking behind me. I slowed my step smelling the air. It smelt like pine trees and musk. It was William.

I continued to walk till I was at my door. I places my hand on the knob and looked beside me. My guess was right.

"Goodnight William."

My words were soft. A warm smile accompanied them as they fell from my lips.

"Goodnight Jane." A light tug pulled on the corner of his lip.

The way his deep voice spoke my name so innocent and soft made goosebumps rise on my skin.

Just as I closed my door I realized what I had said. I called him William. All the times of calling him Alpha out loud and to his face. But I just called him William and he almost smiled.

Richard had called him William the other day. They were having a conversation between the two but William stopped it. He corrected Richard by saying 'Alpha' And the conversation continued. But William didn't correct me.

With a warm feeling inside of me I got ready for bed.

* * * *

William's P.O.V.

After dinner I had spoke to Jane and Nathaniel.

"Hello Alpha. You wanted to speak to us?" Jane's soft voice reached my ears as she stood next to Nate.

The way she addressed me as Alpha made me feel dominant. She had given me all the power with that once simple word. And I found it alluring as such a strong word fell from her delicate lips.

She was beautiful and had consumed my thoughts most of the time. I couldn't keep her out of my head. It irritated me thinking about how I an Alpha couldn't keep a simple girl out of my mind. But she wasn't just a simple girl.

Whenever I would speak to her I usually would be rude or demanding. Very few times was I ever kind while speaking with her. I just couldn't help how this girl made me feel. She gave me so much power but yet I was still powerless to keeping her out.

"Yes, tomorrow morning I want you guys training. You don't have to run just work hand to hand combat and actually fight." My deep voice sounded through the room informing the two in front of me.

I looked over to Nate. He was nodding his head as I spoke again.

"Don't take it easy on her. Push her and make her work to try and beat you."

After I saw another nod from Nate I walked out of the room. I walked to my office putting any paperwork left out away to work on tomorrow. Closing the door on my way out I locked it.

As I walked up the dark staircase there was a figure in font of me. Guessing it was Jane I confirmed my guess with a sniff to the air. The faint smell of vanilla and jasmine filled my nostrils. Walking behind her to my room she stopped at her door.

"Goodnight William." Her voice just above a whisper.

A beautiful smile graced her lips as the words came flowing out.

"Goodnight Jane." A light tug pulled on the corner on my lip.

I wanted to smile back at her. The way her words float through the air gently made my insides clench.

The name William came so pleasing to my ears. It was so natural as she spoke. The way her pink tongue touched the top row of her teeth as she slowly let my name fall.

The closing of a door pulled me out of my thoughts. Jane had slipped into her room.

As I made my way into my room I continued to think about her. I didn't want to correct her. She always called me Alpha like she was supposed to but now. With the way my name came out it just felt right. Her calling me Alpha was definitely sexy but her calling me William made my heart clench.

I enjoyed the effect she had on me even though I shouldn't have.

She wasn't my mate. She never would be my mate.

I had to stop thinking about both my mate and Jane.