Ch. 5

AN: Clair's dress

Seeing Things
Ch. 5

Jane's P.O.V.

It's about two weeks till Halloween and I have no clue what I want to be still. If I'm being honest I don't wanna be anything or even go to the party. All the girls will dress up like slutty angels or bunnies so I'm definitely not wearing one of those.

"Hey babe." Ethan said trying to grab my waist.

Yep he still think we're together. Sometimes he gets crazy and starts yelling at me or trying to grab me but I've just been ignoring him.

"Go away Ethan we're not together." I pushed him away walking to class.

He makes it so freaking difficult to forget I spent more than a year with him but I think I've done good so far. I mean I haven't fell for him again or ever thought about being with him.

I walked into class and zoned out waiting for the day to be over. As soon as the bell rang I made my way to the car. Lawrence and Oliver came walking up together and Elizabeth came shortly after. The boys have a game tomorrow so they don't have practice today.

We drove home silently and walked into the house. I went straight to my room to go and finish a show on Netflix. I stripped from the clothes I had on and threw my hair up in a bun. I lit a candle on my night stand and laid down opening the laptop. During the second episode I drifted off to sleep.

-dream-

I was laying in bed when a dark spirit appeared. I figured if I ignore it long enough it would eventually leave just like when someone distracts me it disappears.

When it wouldn't stop starring and it kept getting closer I finally looked over. It's face was right next to mine and it slowly lifted its arm. It's hand finally reached my neck and lightly wrapped around it. It let out a menacing snarl and its grip tightened. While it chocked me I quickly reached for my night stand. Grabbing hold of the candle I threw it.

The dark spirit hissed at me showing its teeth and slowly started to burn but continued to choke me. I opened the drawer grabbed a knife I keep in there. Once secure in my hand I fling my arm dragging the blade across the spirits throat. Red ooze slipped down its throat and the spirit turned into ash. Closing my eyes I focused on breathing. Once under control I opened my eye to see nothing.

-real life-

I woke up with sweat pooled on my forehead and my throat was sore. I look around my room to see broken glass that once held my candle against the wall. I looked over to the night stand where the candle previously lay to see it gone and the drawer open. I looked inside for my knife but it wasn't there. Throwing the covers off to stand up I heard something hit the floor with a thud. I looked to the sound to see my knife on the floor. I picked it up to see dried red stuff. When I touched it, it just flakes off.

I picked up the knife and put it back in my drawer. Walking over to the glass I carefully picked it up and I threw my candle away. Pulling on a pair of shorts I walked down the stairs to get something to drink.

As I walked through the living room into the kitchen Lawrence was giving me a weird look. I pulled down a cup and opened the fridge. I pored some apple juice and drank it all in one gulp. Catching my reflection in the glass cabinets. I had and odd shape mark around my neck. Pulling my hand up to touch it I flinched at the soar spot. Pulling up the sweater and letting down my hair I tried to cover the mark.

I walked back up the stairs into my room. I closed the door and pulled off my sweater. The mark on my throat was turning from red to a dull blue or dark purple. Pushing my hair back around my neck and pulling the sweater over my head I knew I would have to tell uncle Benjamin. This is the first time one has ever touched me and the first time I ever killed one. Fighting off the dark spirit was easy but I would rather not have to dream of getting killed and it actually happening again.